Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba 61H71

RA
New User

Apr 25, 2006, 3:19 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1464 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba 61H71 Can't Post

About a month ago I replaced the 2 Convergence IC's, everything worked fine, except that the set would power reset on a random basis, followed the Toshiba service bulletin and added a capacitor between gnd and pin 54 of QA01.

Put the set back together and now I get nothing - no picture and no sound, the red LED is on solid, the set is 4 years old, any advice on what to do ??

Shoud I replace the signal board or what I have checked all cobnnections and really fustrated now !

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

techchris
Veteran

Apr 25, 2006, 9:27 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1454 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RA] Toshiba 61H71 [In reply to] Can't Post

i assume the set didnt work after the cap was fitted. so you should check you have not short circuited two pins where you soldered it on or have left something disconnected. if not try taking the cap out to see if the set powers up

RA
New User

Apr 25, 2006, 11:41 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1452 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Toshiba 61H71 [In reply to] Can't Post

Already removed the cap and checked for solder bridge etc, I have one slot on the board P113 where a 5 pin connector could plug in, I thought maybe I had left off a connection but I cannot find any wires that have a connector that would fit into P113 and I cannot remember if there ever was anything in P113.

Is is worth sending the board into somewhere like PTS Corp to have it refurbished ?

Anybody have a service manual for the 61H71, cost of repair vs price of new set is finely balanced given the age of the set.

Thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)