Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba CF3273A

brucem
New User

Jan 22, 2006, 7:16 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1932 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba CF3273A Can't Post

Anyone have experience with the Toshiba CF3273A. This is a 32" console with a motorized swivel base. The problem with this one is that the picture is washed out. Its like it is low res. Also, when there is a lot of blue on the screen, like sky, especially on the left side, it can wash over a dark image on the right side. So for the most part the set works, its just the quality of the picture that is bad.

The other problem I just noticed is that the vertical is messed up too. The top 1/4 of the screen is stretched. It gives everyone the cone-head look. I don't see the lipstick red caps that are generally the issue on other Toshiba's from this same era.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Smile

(This post was edited by brucem on Jan 24, 2006, 7:48 PM)

mel
Veteran

Jan 23, 2006, 12:30 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brucem] Toshiba CF3273A [In reply to] Can't Post

A washed out picture with low contrast is usually the sign of a weak picture tube. Someone with a CRT tester can verify this and maybe rejuvinate the tube to give you a little extra life from it

DTVMAN
New User

Jan 23, 2006, 5:29 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brucem] Toshiba CF3273A [In reply to] Can't Post

You have some bad capacitors close to the Flyback. I do not have the location numbers but as I recall they were 2 of them and were of the same physical size and both were electrolytics rated at 160v. I don't remember the capacitance of them. You may have other degraded capacitors in the Video boost circuits also. DTVMAN

brucem
New User

Jan 23, 2006, 5:56 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DTVMAN] Toshiba CF3273A [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

You have some bad capacitors close to the Flyback. I do not have the location numbers but as I recall they were 2 of them and were of the same physical size and both were electrolytics rated at 160v. I don't remember the capacitance of them. You may have other degraded capacitors in the Video boost circuits also. DTVMAN

I see the two you are talking about. One is labeled C483, I can't see the reference designator for the second. They stand adjacent to each other near the flyback and they are 3.3V@200V. I checked the ESR of each in circuit and they seem to be good.

I also noticed today that the vertical is messed up too. The top 1/4 of the screen is stretched. It gives everyone the cone-head look. Any idea which caps might be the culprit?

(This post was edited by brucem on Jan 23, 2006, 6:17 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)