Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba Sound peculiarity

Confused73
New User

Aug 15, 2010, 8:45 AM

Post #1 of 3 (656 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba Sound peculiarity Can't Post

Hi All, I have a Toshiba23WLT with a sound problem. if anyone can just give me some idea I'd be really grateful. Here's the problem.
The TV is used in the digital mode mainly 'cos that's where the best quality picture is - however over the past few months I need to have the volume set at max in order to clearly hear the dialogue. If I flip the remote switch over to Analogue then the sound is ear shattering and has to be lowered nearly to the other end of the scale - trouble is, the picture is really rubbish because the aerial is pointing at the digital TX. I should mention that I'm in the UK and soon the analogue transmission is going to be cut off, however I do know that at present our TV people are messing around with the digital transmission so I'm hanging on to see if when they finished my set will be back to normal. My main question is would this TV have an analogue and a digital separate sound card or circuit - or would both modes share the same circuitry?. If there's something wrong with the TV I'll ditch it 'cos it's getting on a bit in years and would probably be cheaper to replace it than getting it repaired. By the way I can't ask my few neighbours in the village how their signal is because everyone but me is on SKY TV and they get their signal from a different source. I'm also just wondering if I've inadvertently altered the digital sound settings on the set up program but I've looked and just can't figure it out. Thanks for reading this folks - any advice would be really appreciated.

(This post was edited by Confused73 on Aug 15, 2010, 8:47 AM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Aug 15, 2010, 9:11 PM

Post #2 of 3 (645 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Confused73] Toshiba Sound peculiarity [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you using any type of digital box to decode the channels?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Confused73
New User

Aug 16, 2010, 8:36 AM

Post #3 of 3 (640 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] Toshiba Sound peculiarity [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Repairman - Thanks for your reply. My TV came with everything installed, it was bought as a digital TV - it's just that it will scan for analogue channels as well, so I take it that the digital stuff is all inside the TV - there are no extra attachments with it.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)