Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Toshiba TZ50V61

jjsk8r85
New User

Apr 26, 2007, 2:53 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1421 views)
Shortcut
Toshiba TZ50V61 Can't Post

Hello all, I have a Toshiba Theaterview TZ50V61. Since I bought it used from someone at a garage sale, i've had a problem with it. Sometimes it won't turn on, the power LED will just blink. I have to unplug it and if I rap on the back of the tv or jiggle the tv a bit, it will come on, and I have to readjust the convergence. So I read about the stk-392-010s and that the solder joints were faulty on them. I did take the pcb out and found one solder joint on the horizontal stk was a little iffy, and resoldered it, but it did not help. The interesting thing is, when I DO get the tv to come on, if I wiggle the power supply pcb a little, the picture distorts, and sometimes turns off. I'm afraid to touch the stks while it's running for fear of burn or shock. Would it be worth my while to replace the stks? If I have to replace the $600 power supply board I might as well junk the TV.

techchris
Veteran

Apr 26, 2007, 12:15 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jjsk8r85] Toshiba TZ50V61 [In reply to] Can't Post

USE A PLASTIC INSULATED STICK TO GENTLY PROD AROUND TILL YOU FIND THE AREA WHERE THE BAD SOLDER JOINT IS, AND THEN RESOLDER AS NECESSARY.

Dave E
New User

Apr 27, 2007, 6:54 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1402 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Toshiba TZ50V61 [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe a bad harness connection ?? If someone has pulled a board in the past.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.11 s on (CGI/1.1)