Unsoldered wire

ThunderGod
New User

Jul 19, 2006, 8:19 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1080 views)
Shortcut
Unsoldered wire Can't Post

Hi to All!
I was following a post from mel about how to adjust the sharpness of the picture on a zenith tv...once I got the cover off I notice the boards covered in dust! I got out the vac and proceded to clean them. It was right after this that I noticed a wire that was loose, it was dangling next to the electronics board that connect to the back of the picture tube. I also noticed that it appears NEVER to have been landed on the board! I followed it back an it come from the Flyback? transformer. the exact position is from the bottom right side to the transformer. If anyone knows what this is and where it should go help will definitly be appriciated!

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Jul 19, 2006, 8:31 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ThunderGod] Unsoldered wire [In reply to] Can't Post

That is probably the focus wire from the FBT. It needs to be soldered to the CRT cap

mel
Veteran

Jul 19, 2006, 11:25 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1071 views)
Shortcut

Repost the model number and I'll try to let you know exactly where it should be reconnected to the CRT board.

shadetree
Veteran

Jul 20, 2006, 4:56 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1064 views)
Shortcut

that wire should plug into a plastic connector on the top side of the board you may have to pull a tab up to get it to stay in properly

ThunderGod
New User

Jul 21, 2006, 12:44 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Unsoldered wire [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks guys! I was able to find the plastic connector and got it back in just great! Thanks to all! Peter

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)