Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
VCR hookup

vabear
New User

Feb 15, 2010, 9:27 PM

Post #1 of 4 (773 views)
Shortcut
VCR hookup Can't Post

30" Samsung flat screen and cable box to xupport HD. I have tried every conceivable combination to hook up my VCR to record and it is a no go. Every time I go to set a timer record I cannot acces the channel I wish to record, the only choices I have are 02,L1,L2 (I am runningoff of AV1). The TV is set at Component 1 and I have tried going direct from TV to VCR, From cable box to VCR, and putting a splitter in to run the cable line into the house o a Y with one line to Cable Box and the other to the VCR. The cable company is n ot help the redirect me to their sugested wiring hookup and that leds me to where I currently sit.

jts1957
Veteran

Feb 16, 2010, 12:11 AM

Post #2 of 4 (769 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vabear] VCR hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

To Record:
I would take the cable company box and hook it to the VCRs composite (Yellow/Red/White) AUX inputs (Put the box on the station recording is desired from and make sure VCR is switched to it's AUX input). VCR can then make live or timer recordings (Cable box must be on and on channel recording is desired from during recordings! Some cable boxes have their own timers.)
To Playback to Samsung TV:
I would take the Audio/Video composite OUTPUTs of the VCR and feed them to a COMPOSITE input on the TV. Make sure the TV input matches input being used.Smile

-------------------------

vabear
New User

Feb 16, 2010, 1:20 AM

Post #3 of 4 (764 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] VCR hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, I'll try that, nothing to lose but time.

vabear
New User

Feb 16, 2010, 2:18 PM

Post #4 of 4 (756 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vabear] VCR hookup [In reply to] Can't Post

Here was my solution to allow me to record one channel and still watch a different channel on my cable box HD TV. I brought the outside cable in to a splitter, then took one leg to the cable box( ANT IN) and the other to the VCR (ANT IN), auto channelized the VCR and VOILA all is well.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)