Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
VHF Out

AberFitch11080
New User

Oct 7, 2008, 6:44 AM

Post #1 of 3 (995 views)
Shortcut
VHF Out Can't Post

Okay, i'm not much of a TV repair man, so therefor i have a question. I have an old Sanyo, DS25330. My problem is, i have the sanyo connected to a dish network box, and i was watching TV tonight and suddenly it went to snow. I also tried it with my DVD player and nothing. Now if i plug an antenna into it (More over it was just a coax cable directly from the back of the TV with my moving it around) I am able to get over the air UHF Channels. Fox, UPN, etc. But none of the lower channels. ABC, NBC, etc. So basically i am able to pull in over the air UHF but not VHF. Not obviously both the dish box and the DVD player transmit on channel 3 or 4, both VHF frequencies. Is it possible that only the VHF tuner went out but the UHF tuner is okay? I'm a bit confused, so any help would be golden. Thanks!

shadetree
Veteran

Oct 7, 2008, 3:21 PM

Post #2 of 3 (987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AberFitch11080] VHF Out [In reply to] Can't Post

yes it is you can get the tuner rebuilt at tiptoptuner for $27

Repair man
Enthusiast

Oct 9, 2008, 3:27 AM

Post #3 of 3 (976 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AberFitch11080] VHF Out [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes the tuner can lose just certain channels such as VHF, but before you have the tuner repaired, does your set have an RCA input (Audio Video input jacks) They will be yellow red and white, if so don't waste money on the tuner, just connect a set of RCA cables from your Satellite receiver or DVD player to the RCA input jacks on your TV then switch your TV to that input. You will no longer be watching channel 3 or 4, instead you will be bypassing the tuner and using the Audio Video Input. You will have a far better picture than you ever did on channel 3 and the sound will also be in stereo where as on channel 3 it would have came through in mono. -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)