New User

Oct 29, 2005, 11:18 PM

Post #1 of 8 (2560 views)
Shortcut
Vertical static lines Can't Post

Mod P52920BL
Chasis PTK195KB
52" RCA Projection

Sorry for all the questions. This site has been extremely helpful. I am experiencing vertical static lines or what appears to be thin strips of snow (interference). I just recently replaced the flyback and hor. output transistor. I can hear a high frequency noise and what could possibly be arcing. Would a bad connection on the flyback wires cause this problem? What areas should I look at? Any help would be appreciated.

shadetree
Veteran

Nov 1, 2005, 6:15 PM

Post #2 of 8 (2543 views)
Shortcut
Re: [fronty] Vertical static lines [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like you don't have the wires seated into the flyback good

fronty
New User

Nov 1, 2005, 6:25 PM

Post #3 of 8 (2542 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Vertical static lines [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply. I was worried about that happening. I purchased the HR8551, where the wires are just pushed into the flyback and clamped with the plastic connectors. I'll try to reseat the wires and see if that solves the problem. Also, I forgot to clamp the horizontal output transitor to the heat sink. Will this cause the part to fail early? I tried to put the clamp back on while the board was in place to no avail. I'll try again.

shadetree
Veteran

Nov 1, 2005, 6:29 PM

Post #4 of 8 (2540 views)
Shortcut

yes it will need clamped ot transistor will overheat

fronty
New User

Nov 7, 2005, 10:58 PM

Post #5 of 8 (2518 views)
Shortcut

Well, I reseated the flyback wires and the vertical static lines went away. I still hear a high frequency sound coming from the back of the TV. I'm not sure if it is coming from the flyback or not, but I suspect it is. I watched some football games this weekend and the tv worked fine. The only problem is that it isn't that clear. For example, it is hard to see the score, time, and any other writing on the screen. Should I adjust the focus/screen block? The block has six knobs. Screen is written on the top and focus is written on the bottom. There are the letters R, G, B in the middle of the block. Do I just start tweaking the bottom knobs? If someone could give me the proper procedure, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm wondering if all my problems are coming from the new flyback. Will replacing the flyback with a RCA original likely solve my problems?

shadetree
Veteran

Nov 8, 2005, 6:17 PM

Post #6 of 8 (2506 views)
Shortcut

ck to make sure wire out of flyback is not loose where it plugs into focus block it will have a rubber cup around it and may be loose inside cup also make sure that wire is seated in flyback good will be hard to pull out if seated good

fronty
New User

Nov 12, 2005, 4:55 AM

Post #7 of 8 (2490 views)
Shortcut

I've tested the TV out for a few days now without any major problems. I already clamped the HOT back in place, and I believe the wires are seated correctly in the flyback. The wire going to the focus block is tight. The only thing I would like to try is adjusting the focus. Do I just change one color at a time? I was planning on setting the TV brightness (from menu panel) in the middle. Then I was going to adjust the screen knobs at the block. I guess I'll just tweak each one until I get a decent screen brightness. After that, I was planning on moving onto the focus knobs. I would do the same thing by adjusting R, G, and B a little at a time. Do you see any problems that may arise from this procedure?

rrobor
Veteran

Nov 12, 2005, 10:35 AM

Post #8 of 8 (2488 views)
Shortcut

Only adjust the screen if the brightness is incorrect or its not balanced. to adjust the focus turn the colour off. Now check for focus haze, look at a sharp line and see if there is a halo effect and adjust the appropriate pot to sharpen the line.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)