Vizio Buzz Noise

Bizman67
New User

Feb 10, 2012, 11:15 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2307 views)
Shortcut
Vizio Buzz Noise Can't Post

I have a 2008 Vizio 42" LCD model # VW42L FHDTV10A
The tv has a buzz noise in the back right side if your looking at it. I have removed the back of the tv and find that in the area of the voltage board is where the noise is coming from. I want to make sure im going to order the right part.What do you think?

mel
Veteran

Feb 11, 2012, 9:35 PM

Post #2 of 4 (2284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bizman67] Vizio Buzz Noise [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that I need more specific info:
Is the set working other than the noise?
Can you identify the specific component that is making the noise (transformer T???/coil L???/etc.)? If so, it will be a lot cheaper to change the component than the whole board. Also, if a transformer or coil, spraying with clear acrylic spray might solve the problem.
Voltage board = power supply board?
What part are you planning to order?

Bizman67
New User

Feb 12, 2012, 1:44 PM

Post #3 of 4 (2277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] Vizio Buzz Noise [In reply to] Can't Post

So far the TV seams to work just fine other than the buzzing noise. But I know something is going to happen soon. That noise can't mean anything good. The transformers are not bulging.I found the same board on the web thats called a Voltage Inverter / Ballast Board-Master.I would love to get out of this cheaper but I don't know how to tell what part of the board is making the noise.

mel
Veteran

Feb 12, 2012, 8:34 PM

Post #4 of 4 (2262 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bizman67] Vizio Buzz Noise [In reply to] Can't Post

Transformers do not bulge. The noise comes from the transformer plates vibrating against each other. Sometimes acrylic spray will seep between the offending plates and provide a cushion. To isolate the noise, roll up a piece of typing paper to about a 1" roll and listen thru the middle while scanning the board until you come to the spot where the noise is loudest. When you isolate the component, post back the component id (e.g. T???) and the board number and I'll check the service manual to see if I can provide further info.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)