Westinghouse LTV-27W Repair

isabel29
New User

Dec 14, 2010, 4:49 AM

Post #1 of 3 (1046 views)
Shortcut
Westinghouse LTV-27W Repair Can't Post

Hello,

My Westinghouse LCD 27" TV has an orange light problem. I get image and sound for short periods of time and then nothing. Instead of a blue light noting my tv is ON, I get an orange SAFE MODE light. I've been doing some research and it appears that this is a common problem with this model/brand. For those who have opted to repair the solution was a new power supply unit (PSU) which can be purchased through Sears online.

This sounded great to me. So I took apart the tv tonight to get a look inside to see how difficult it might be for me to replace the PSU. I got the darn thing apart but am not sure how simple getting an old PSU out and a new PSU in will be for someone who has never repaired a tv before. Lots of wires...etc.

I saw that there was a control board as well as a PSU. The PSU was tan the control board green.

So my question is this...can someone here advise me on replacing the PSU or should I just pack it in and buy a new TV. I really can't afford it or I wouldn't be here in the first place but I also like the challenge.

Grateful for any advice!

Isabel

darstr
User

Dec 15, 2010, 10:10 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [isabel29] Westinghouse LTV-27W Repair [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy With all do respect, I would pack it in and get a new one. For thew cost of the repair, it wouldn't hurt to spend just a little more and get new. Good luck to you.

isabel29
New User

Dec 16, 2010, 7:29 AM

Post #3 of 3 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [darstr] Westinghouse LTV-27W Repair [In reply to] Can't Post

Well if I could fix it for the cost of an $85 part then it would be worth the time and effort. I'm not really in a position to buy a new tv. But thanks.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)