Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
What's the difference?

eowynhope
New User

Oct 27, 2005, 6:13 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1184 views)
Shortcut
What's the difference? Can't Post

Hello. I found out from my local tv repairman that I need a new convergence module. Chances are it is just one or maybe two new IC chips (STK392-040) but from reading around, a lot of repairman just rather replace the board, in case a resistor or cap also went bad.

Anywho, they want $300 for the fix, and I can't afford it. Looking around and thru various emails, it seems I need one of these replacement parts for my board (AA41-0061A) :

AA95-02002A

or

BP94-00383A

From an online site like Partstore.com or Vancebaldwin.com they have both for sale. One is $65 the other $70. Whats the difference? Both are for my HCM4215W, but why is the BP94 listed as a replacement for the AA95? Also, do they both come with the STK IC chips already soldered into them?

And I still can't quite get it straight, are those two boards the convergence "module" the repairmen said I needed? If not, what is a convergence module. Whenever I google it, I don't get much if anything. Looking around in the tv, nothing stands out as a convergence module. So, what is a convergence module?

Thanks for the help. Maybe someone here can clear it up for me Cool

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)