Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith A27A11D

old timer
New User

Jun 20, 2006, 1:21 AM

Post #1 of 2 (1375 views)
Shortcut
Zenith A27A11D Can't Post

Thanks for all the help on my Zenith A27A11D portable that I found on the side of the road. I replaced Q-3401 which was shorted, RX3415 (degausing thermistor), and IC3431 which did not check bad, but I changed it anyway. I'm thinking about putting it back in though. The problem I have now, is the purity, and the color needs to be realigned. Also, the focus is way off. I bet I have a difference in voltages from this NEC Voltage Regulator. I noticed that there are no pots or adjustments on the CRT board, and the only pot I have seen so far, is the horizontal size. I suppose all of the adjustable components have been left off, and fixed components were used in their place to save on production costs. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for trying to repair this old dog, but all of you electronic types out there like me, can surely understand our hobby. Can anybody tell me what resistors to check for the color circuit, and where the focus circuit is on this baby?
Old Timer

mel
Veteran

Jun 20, 2006, 9:43 PM

Post #2 of 2 (1361 views)
Shortcut
Re: [old timer] Zenith A27A11D [In reply to] Can't Post

The purity is adjusted by use of the position of the yoke on the neck of the CRT and the purity magnets there. Before you mess with any of these, make sure that the purity problem is no just a matter of degausing the CRT. The focus is the top knob on the back of the flyback

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)