Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith B25A30ZC television

Dosgamer
New User

Oct 10, 2008, 6:00 PM

Post #1 of 5 (934 views)
Shortcut
Zenith B25A30ZC television Can't Post

Our color tv has periodically started to show a black box that takes up the lower half of the screen and it puts gibberish characters in the black box a few every few seconds. If you change the channel it goes away, but can periodically (and seemingly randomly) come back.
What the hell is causing this? The tv is quite old (maybe 15 years). Is it just at its end, or is there something we can do to easily rectify the black box and gibberish from showing up?
Thanks!

zip
User

Oct 10, 2008, 8:10 PM

Post #2 of 5 (924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dosgamer] Zenith B25A30ZC television [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes: go into the menu or remote and turn off your closed caption feature and it will be gone and not return.

Dosgamer
New User

Oct 10, 2008, 8:22 PM

Post #3 of 5 (923 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zip] Zenith B25A30ZC television [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, I hope it's that easy. Smile

Thanks, Zip! I'll post back if that doesn't take care of it. Any idea what the heck it is? I wondered if it was something to do with closed captioning, but no idea why it would have a half-screen black box with white gibberish in it.

dkdhas3
User

Oct 11, 2008, 4:41 AM

Post #4 of 5 (916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dosgamer] Zenith B25A30ZC television [In reply to] Can't Post

you will pobably find it in the text mode under the closed caption settings and it is that simple

Dosgamer
New User

Oct 11, 2008, 1:34 PM

Post #5 of 5 (913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dkdhas3] Zenith B25A30ZC television [In reply to] Can't Post

Yep, that's what it was alright. Our toddler daughter must have gotten hold of the remote and accidentally turned CC on. So, we've turned it off and so far no more black box! Thanks, guys!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)