Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith Z27x31D

Oburi
New User

Oct 11, 2008, 6:42 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1600 views)
Shortcut
Zenith Z27x31D Can't Post

The color and everything is fine on the TV, however the picture is slightly tilted down to the left. I lose about 1/8 inch of the view at the bottom. For instance, while watching ESPN I can see the top of the scrolling bar at the bottom but nothing below it. How can I fix this? <br>

(This post was edited by Oburi on Oct 11, 2008, 6:43 PM)

shadetree
Veteran

Oct 12, 2008, 2:00 AM

Post #2 of 9 (1589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Oburi] Zenith Z27x31D [In reply to] Can't Post

the yoke on the back of the picture tube needs turned a little

dkdhas3
User

Oct 12, 2008, 4:21 AM

Post #3 of 9 (1588 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] Zenith Z27x31D [In reply to] Can't Post

YOU SAY ONE EIGHTH INCH AT THE BOTTOM, IS THAT EVEN ACROSS THE BOTTOM OR DO YOU ONLY LOSE THE BOTTOM OF THE LEFT SIDE OF THE SCREEN BUT THE BOTTOM OF THE RIGHT SIDE IS FINE. IF THIS IS LEVEL JUST TO LOW IT MAY NOT BE THE YOKE AND IS THE TOP MISSING ANYTHING OR PULLED DOWN???

Oburi
New User

Oct 12, 2008, 6:04 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dkdhas3] Zenith Z27x31D [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry, poor wording on my part.
The tilt of the screen is about 1/8 inch to the lower left. The bottom of the screen (overall) is cut off by about the same amount. Just a tad bit more to the lower left. It seems like the picture is too big for the screen or something.

techchris
Veteran

Oct 12, 2008, 11:22 AM

Post #5 of 9 (1576 views)
Shortcut

before you go turning the scan coil yoke,check in the picture sub menus .some tv's have horizontal tilt adjustment to compensate for the earth's magnetic field.

dkdhas3
User

Oct 12, 2008, 2:00 PM

Post #6 of 9 (1575 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] Zenith Z27x31D [In reply to] Can't Post

BRAVO, TECHCRIS, THIS IS WHAT I WAS GETTING AT. WITHOUT LOOKING FURTHER YET THERE COULD BE A VERITICAL LINEARITY OR SIZE THAT WE COULD CORRECT WITHOUT SPINNING THE YOKE. GOOD LUCK

Oburi
New User

Oct 12, 2008, 5:01 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1573 views)
Shortcut

I couldn't find anything in the sub menus. I tried adjusting a bunch of the settings before but nothing ever really worked so I had to resort to this. Turning the yoke fixed the balance problem, but I still lose a very small fraction of the picture at the bottom. I like to read my scores on ESPN and I lose a little more than half of that bar. Thank you guys for all of your help.

dkdhas3
User

Oct 12, 2008, 5:18 PM

Post #8 of 9 (1571 views)
Shortcut

if you pull the yoke back it will shrink the pix and you can see if this will fix it or put a wedg to tilt the yoke down a bit to get that section, you my find that the bottom of the rastar will end before the video starts, then your issue would be in the sub menu or the source you are using, or a vertical problem in the tv will cause this too, good luck

Chrisry696
New User

Oct 15, 2008, 10:42 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1544 views)
Shortcut

Are you using a cable box or sat. box? Some have adjustments in thier menu for this. I found out the hard-way years back.....long story....... The only thing with pulling back the yoke is it will affect the purity alittle. You'll get red or green or blue blotches in the corner if go too far. Possible service menu adjst. Personally stopped working on zenith's along time ago because of the low low quaility, so don't have scematic on that one. You could do a search for it and then adjust vsiz. Just make sure you don't screw with anything else. Write down everything you change just in case. That sounds like an old one. cm-149 scematic???? Try push menu on remote and hold it down for 15 seconds, then push 9,8,7,6, enter. That might do it. let me know if so, or you need more help in navigating the service menu. How old is that beast your working on???

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)