Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
Zenith mystery solved..

pbe2005
New User

Oct 14, 2005, 4:45 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1033 views)
Shortcut
Zenith mystery solved.. Can't Post

I dragged the tv through the house & hooked up to bedroom connections... TV is FINE!! We have an electrical problem in the new addition, where tv was originally hooked up. When they wired the new addition through the outside light switch connection, they did something wrong. My paddle fan will run even when the light switch is in the off position, but the light part doesn't come on... So we need to find out what is wrong, but it doesn't seem to affect the 1987 RCA we have been using in there, (it doesn't have the electronic start/remote). So go figure?? We have spent $130.00 plus dragging the '94 Zenith to the shop 20 miles... But I am glad I didn't throw it away! Thanks to all who responded!

rrobor
Veteran

Oct 15, 2005, 11:00 AM

Post #2 of 3 (1016 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pbe2005] Zenith mystery solved.. [In reply to] Can't Post

sounds like they reversed the neutral and earth leads. May have cost a bit but to have your house wired by an idiot is well worth finding out about, after all, barring james bond, you only live once.

pbe2005
New User

Oct 15, 2005, 2:13 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] Zenith mystery solved.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just thought I'd clarify the cost.... the first technician came by the house & couldn't figure it out. We paid him $40.00, & my husband gave him the "guts" out of the set! I couldn't let go of it & wouldn't let him junk it. So we ask the friend for the parts back & I took it to a regular shop. Hence the charge for putting the stuff back together & playing it for 48 hrs to make sure it was ok. $90.00 Weird situation!! LOL

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)