Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
analog/digital tuner

goer
New User

Jul 13, 2010, 1:54 PM

Post #1 of 4 (972 views)
Shortcut
analog/digital tuner Can't Post

Hi. I have a RCA HD52w59. I would like to receive free air digital channels. In setup it will only auto-scan on the analog tuner. It will not let me select anything other than analog.

But if I go to list and labels in setup it says to hit antenna button to switch between analog and digital tuners. When I do that it switches to digital but when I scan it is still in analog. How do I fix this? I've searched everywhere to no avail.

jts1957
Veteran

Jul 13, 2010, 2:08 PM

Post #2 of 4 (971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goer] analog/digital tuner [In reply to] Can't Post

http://reviews.cnet.com/...6484_7-32045896.html

I don't see any mention of digital (ATSC) tuner.Angelic

Get a set top box at WallyWorld - same place you probably bought the set in the first place.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Jul 13, 2010, 6:26 PM)

jbag
New User

Jul 13, 2010, 5:59 PM

Post #3 of 4 (964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [goer] analog/digital tuner [In reply to] Can't Post

If this set does have a digital tuner in it there is a separate antenna connection for the digital tuner. So you will need to connect your antenna to the digital antenna input and then go back and reprogram the channels.

becyn
New User

Jul 14, 2010, 2:26 AM

Post #4 of 4 (952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jbag] analog/digital tuner [In reply to] Can't Post

It probably won't work unless it's Quam capable. The FCC forced catv companies in populated area to transmit Quam. They don't make it easy for you though.
The channls will have screwed up hyphenated channels, which are often difficult to index and use.
If your area is large enough you will have Quam, small companies may not. Also, they will have to upgrade the cable to your house to improve the bandwidth.
Otherwise it's the cable box solution.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit McVey Electronics for TV Repair!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)