bug behind screen

skram
New User

Jan 29, 2006, 10:18 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1388 views)
Shortcut
bug behind screen Can't Post

hi,

I've got a rear projection Sony (KP-51DS1U) and a bug has somehow managed to get stuck behind the screen. It is unfortunately very noticeable and i'd like to remove it.

Any ideas of how to go about this? I've never even dreamed of opening up the TV before, and haven't got a clue what this job will involve. Will the screen come away separately without interfering with the rest of the unit?

Is it time to call in the professionals, or is this a straight forward thing for a novice to attempt?

Thanks.

Camlawnman
New User

Jan 29, 2006, 11:49 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1381 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skram] bug behind screen [In reply to] Can't Post

Have a pro do it,one false move inside a tv thats unplugged and you get shocked or die.since you said you never were in a tv thats my advice.

shadetree
Veteran

Jan 30, 2006, 6:32 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1370 views)
Shortcut

at the bottom of the screen there will be screws to remove to take screen off there should be nothing electrical to worry about you may have to remove speaker cover to access screws

skram
New User

Jan 31, 2006, 12:12 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1359 views)
Shortcut

Update on the situation: Yesterday the bug moved to another part of the screen. Today, much to my glee, it has disappeared.

I find all this quite bizarre; surely the screen should be very well sealed (this wasn't a small bug that got in there). Also, the ability for the bug to have moved and then disappear suggests a relatively large cavity behind the screen.

Well, at least i don't have to open anything up.

techchris
Veteran

Jan 31, 2006, 5:49 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1354 views)
Shortcut

there is a huge space (which you bought!) behind the front screens and three crt's (red,green,blue) project the image onto a mirror and then forward to the screen. take all the screws off round the back of the screen and two or three screws under the front speaker fret which should pull off the front once you have taken the back screws out. if the bug has vanished it probably got cooked and has dropped to the bottom so dont take the tv to bits unless necessary

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)