Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
coolant change question

thedodgeinbg
New User

Mar 3, 2007, 3:09 AM

Post #1 of 2 (777 views)
Shortcut
coolant change question Can't Post

I am planning on performing a coolant change on a 13 year old Magnavox 46" projection tv (PTV620). I plan to change the fluid with the guns still in the TV (I've done this before so I know how). My question is, is there any danger of messing anything else up, assuming I change it successfully and don't spill any coolant? For example, is there any chance of greatly messing up convergence or geometry? If so, is there anything I can do to avoid major problems, for example if I change the green fluid, converge, change red fluid, converge, change blue fluid, converge... is that safer than changing all 3 at once?

The reason I ask is because I am doing this for somebody else's TV and do not want to mess it up, and do not have a lot of experience with fixing convergence or other picture problems so want to avoid if possible.

I'd appreciate any help, thanks for your time

MOtvGuy
User

Mar 3, 2007, 1:25 PM

Post #2 of 2 (772 views)
Shortcut
Re: [thedodgeinbg] coolant change question [In reply to] Can't Post

I personally only change fluid by removing the tube. I know guys think that changing with the tube still in the set is the best way to go but I'd prefer not to take the chance of spillage. If you're careful pulling the tubes and not bump the centering rings there is no further convergence.

Doing it in the set shouldn't involve any extra convergence.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.11 s on (CGI/1.1)