Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
crt tv model#tvcr1921a

benasho
User

Mar 13, 2011, 3:21 AM

Post #1 of 5 (1285 views)
Shortcut
crt tv model#tvcr1921a Can't Post

can someone help with some tips on this Orion tv model#tvcr#1921a. I Power up tv and the screen comes on full blue, there is no raster. i try changing the channels and only chanel 67, 4, and 3 changed. As soon as i power off the set and immeditely power on, the raster would come on for a fraction of asecond and jups back to blue color. I checked the tuner and everything seems ok around there. I dont have original remote to get into menu. Any tips or a schem would be appreciated.
Benasho

mel
Veteran

Mar 15, 2011, 8:49 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1263 views)
Shortcut
Re: [benasho] crt tv model#tvcr1921a [In reply to] Can't Post

The symptoms that you describe are usually caused by an inoperable VCR. I have had very little luck in repairing this particular problem and even then, the cost of repairs would probably far exceed the worth of the TV. Word to the wise---never buy a combo set for this reason. If you have bought them separately, you could just throw the VCR away and still have an operating TV

benasho
User

Mar 17, 2011, 4:03 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1252 views)
Shortcut

Hi Mel,
Thanks for ur reply and ur advice. i am certain that u are speaking from experience. It is a fact that the vcr is not working presently, and i wonderd before if that would not have beeen the problem. What i thought that maybe the chanels was locked, so i needed the original remote to get into menu and see if it would take the auto programm.
I guess i would just give back to owner.

Benasho

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 17, 2011, 9:20 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1248 views)
Shortcut

You'll need the 5-button "gray" area under the "MENU" button to do anything with channels. ("Auto" works with "Auto Tracking.")

http://www.vcrremotecontrols.com/...Combo/076ROBH010.htm

-------------------------

benasho
User

Mar 19, 2011, 4:45 AM

Post #5 of 5 (1228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] crt tv model#tvcr1921a [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi jtsl 1957 & Mel,
Thanks for the information and tips. I want to inform u that i got a fix today. all i did was re-programming the eepromm 24lc01b and that was it. Tv is now working like before and with the help of a philips universal remote.

Thanks once again

benasho

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)