dead phillips

kupgas
New User

May 20, 2006, 3:53 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1608 views)
Shortcut
dead phillips Can't Post

Howdy,
I have a 27pt6442/37 phillips tv, chassis L041UAA.

It died a month ago, I replaced the fuse on the board and it worked. Now it is dead again. I was advised to replace thermistor # 3523 ( part# 212266300019) and install the new part in position 3507. I did not give the chassis number with my original post, so it doesn't surprise me to be unable to find 3523 or 3507 on the board. Please help!
Kupgas

rrobor
Veteran

May 20, 2006, 4:42 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1603 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kupgas] dead phillips [In reply to] Can't Post

This is in the power supply I think it will be the PTC which is in the degauss circuit so look for the coils around the bell of the tube, find the lead that comes from there, track it to the panel, find an odd shaped white thing about a CM cubed with little claws to hold the top on, find it on the reverse side it should hace 3 pins, take it out put new fuse in and try, if fuse blows its not that If OK but colour a mess change that. If it has 2, you do the same with the 2, but replace both if needed. If taken out shake it, if it rattles its stuffed.

kupgas
New User

Jun 10, 2006, 5:58 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] dead phillips [In reply to] Can't Post

Rrobor,
Thanks for the info. The set fired up, works great and it's been about a week and a half. If it gets past the 2 month mark, I will be extremely pleased.
I've heard good and bad about Philips' TV's. I work in a hospital and our new anesthesia monitors and a big vascular suite with tons of x-ray and other equipment are all Philips. What gives, I wonder?
Kupgas

techchris
Veteran

Jun 11, 2006, 8:52 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1526 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kupgas] dead phillips [In reply to] Can't Post

Philips seem to have two levels of quality. good for comercial use, ie medical or hotels and lucky if it lasts long, for domestic use.I've worked on both and they are worlds apart.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)