Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
dead rca

stan31
User

Aug 25, 2006, 3:43 PM

Post #1 of 6 (1557 views)
Shortcut
dead rca Can't Post

a 35 in rca modelitc008myn chass #35v432t dead finallygot the monstor out of cabinet.have voltage ac in b+ at switch mod .i see a relay but i dont know if its for degouse or switch it doesn't work when pwr button pressed.no schematic so i'm working blind .thanks for your help...stan in florida

stan31
User

Aug 26, 2006, 5:43 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1541 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stan31] dead rca [In reply to] Can't Post

hey guys .come on give me some input.some body out there can help me
thanks again stan in florida

Larry E
User

Aug 26, 2006, 7:20 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1539 views)
Shortcut

Stan, do you have B+ at the collector of the HOT? approx. 135 volts, let us know, Larry E

stan31
User

Aug 28, 2006, 6:01 PM

Post #4 of 6 (1525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Larry E] dead rca [In reply to] Can't Post

no sir i donot have b+ at horz o/p .i have 52 dc volts on one point of relay.i'm afraid to bridge the relay points .i could make it worse.i really appreciate your help
stan in florida

In Reply To

Larry E
User

Aug 28, 2006, 7:09 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1519 views)
Shortcut

Stan, I don`t have the service manual for that set so I can`t be of much help, your either using the wrong ground or your measuring the wrong pin on your relay, sounds like your measuring the AC side of the relay on a DC setting of your meter, the relay is not your issue at this point, the lack of B+ to the HV circuit is.Remove the horiz. output transistor from the circuit and measure your B+ voltage at the collector trace again, positive probe of your meter to trace marked "c", negative probe to trace marked "e". If you don`t get approx. 135 volts your switch mode power supply has failed, let us know, Larry E

stan31
User

Sep 8, 2006, 5:24 PM

Post #6 of 6 (1480 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Larry E] dead rca [In reply to] Can't Post

hey larry.tnks for your help.when i got my wits to gather i was thinking about stanby voltage.had prob in smp and other prob on the secondary side diodes and trans.working on vertical prob now.wish me easy luck regards Stan

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)