Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
eltigre696

eltigre696
New User

Mar 31, 2010, 2:52 AM

Post #1 of 2 (961 views)
Shortcut
eltigre696 Can't Post

i am trying to figure out how to focus my hitachi 51f500a tv i tried the magic focus but it did not work i herd of convergence menu how do i get to that on my tv or do i need a convergence kit

jts1957
Veteran

Mar 31, 2010, 5:05 AM

Post #2 of 2 (959 views)
Shortcut
Re: [eltigre696] eltigre696 [In reply to] Can't Post

Auto Digital Convergence Adjustment
Please turn ON your television for at least 20 minutes before using this feature.
The Magic Focus button will not work when Adjustment Mode is set to Manual (see page 9).
Your HITACHI Projection TV has three color projection tubes: one for red, one for green, one for blue. When mixed together in the proper proportion, the output of these three color tubes can produce any color. To produce these colors, however, the beams must be precisely aligned over each other so that the colors can be mixed. The process of aligning these picture beams is called “convergence”.
Over a period of time, the picture tubes can drift out of alignment due to normal bumps and vibrations or moving the TV. If you move your TV, or if, after a time, you notice color rings or halos around objects in the picture, you may want to converge (align) the colors.
Properly converged, the lines appear white, which is actually a combination of the outputs of the three color tubes. The output of the green tube is stationary. The outputs of the red and blue tubes can be adjusted. When properly aligned, the outputs of all three tubes should be directly over each other to produce the white lines.
To simplify convergence, HITACHI incorporates a function called MAGIC FOCUS located on the front control panel, which allows the TV to self-adjust. Press this MAGIC FOCUS button and the convergence self adjustment will start and this process will take approximately 20 seconds. If this button is pressed during this process, no change in picture quality will occur. After this 20 second self-adjust period, picture quality will be optimum. (Do not move the TV during self-adjust.)

You may also select Magic Focus from the VIDEO menu.
NOTES: Only a momentary press of the MAGIC FOCUS button is necessary to start AUTO DIGITAL CONVERGENCE. At any
time during this convergence correction process, you may press the MAGIC FOCUS button to exit the MAGIC FOCUS
mode. However, the convergence correction process needs to be completed to SAVE the new corrected convergence

Manual Convergence Adjustment Mode
NOTES:
1. Please turn ON your television for at least 20 minutes before using this feature.
2. Auto Adjustment Mode is recommended. If convergence is still not acceptable, use the Manual Adjustment Mode.
DO NOT press MAGIC FOCUS or use Auto Adjustment Mode after using Manual Adjustment Mode.
Using the Remote Control, select VIDEO-MAGIC FOCUS-MANUAL ADJUSTMENT MODE-START to access convergence crosshatch pattern. The adjustment point is indicated by the Adjustment Point Cursor.
To Move Adjustment Point
To move adjustment point, the Adjustment Cursor must be WHITE. Use the THUMB STICK to move the Adjustment Cursor. Another way to move the Adjustment Point Cursor is to press the followiing buttons: [2] up, [4] left, [5] down, [6] right. If you use the number buttons while the adjustment point is WHITE, it will change to RED.
To Change the Color of Adjustment Point
Press the SELECT button repeatedly (WHITE-RED-BLUE-WHITE...). Green color is fixed and cannot be adjusted.
To Adjust the Convergence
Move the Adjustment Cursor to the point to be adjusted. Use the THUMB STICK to match the RED and BLUE colors to GREEN
(reference color). Properly aligned, all three colors should appear white.
If convergence is acceptable after Manual Convergence adjustment, press EXIT button to access menu mode.
Press the [1] button on the remote control to SAVE adjusted data and return to main picture.
Press the [2] button on the remote control to CANCEL adjusted data and return to main picture.
Press the [3] button on the remote control to recall the factory pre-set convergence data.
Press the [4] button on the remote control to return to the manual convergence adjustment mode (crosshatch pattern).
Press the [9] button on the remote control to read the SAVED data.

-------------------------

(This post was edited by jts1957 on Mar 31, 2010, 5:24 AM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)