Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
hcn653wx calibration

popi1965
New User

Aug 12, 2007, 6:07 PM

Post #1 of 4 (934 views)
Shortcut
hcn653wx calibration Can't Post

Hello Guys I hope someone can help me with this. I have a Samsung hcn653wx 65 in tv that I messed up very bad. here is story.
5 months ago the tv just turned itself off and it wouldn't turn on so I called sears and after three trips they found the problem and replaced 2 boards. The repairman was a little tired and did not fished calibrating the unit. some characters to the left were being cutoff, so he asked me to call back and make another appointment to finish that. Thing is that I didn't think it was a big deal and did not call them back.
In the mean time my brother got hold of the service manual and started messing with it. Now all the colors are off, it is dark, it is bowed on the left side and it is pushed farther to the left.
He told me that he only changed values in the following areas and my question is can someone tell me what the values should be for all the items in the following submenu.

DEFECTION
VIDEO ADJUST 1, 2 ,3 4
Thank you in advance for your help

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2007, 10:36 PM

Post #2 of 4 (919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [popi1965] hcn653wx calibration [In reply to] Can't Post

Screwed Blued and tatooed, Did ya fiqure out why the service menu is hidden? Well since youre screwed might as well send the default values to you. problem is these most likly will not fix the set, what ya need is a signal genarator and the knowlage of what all the controls do, And you have to know that any adjustment in the video/deflection also directly effects convergance, and then this set runs in two modes so both have differant values each for reg and high def.
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

(This post was edited by mikemaiertv on Aug 14, 2007, 10:36 PM)

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2007, 10:53 PM

Post #3 of 4 (915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] hcn653wx calibration [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Screwed Blued and tatooed, Did ya fiqure out why the service menu is hidden? Well since youre screwed might as well send the default values to you. problem is these most likly will not fix the set, what ya need is a signal genarator and the knowlage of what all the controls do, And you have to know that any adjustment in the video/deflection also directly effects convergance, and then this set runs in two modes so both have differant values each for reg and high def.

Opps to big for here will need a e-mail address or go her and download http://www.mediafire.com/?exq0fjwthlv
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

popi1965
New User

Aug 16, 2007, 8:06 AM

Post #4 of 4 (903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mikemaiertv] hcn653wx calibration [In reply to] Can't Post

Mike,
Thank you for your help. I guess I know what I will be doing this week end.

Thank you again for the info...

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)