Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
hitachi cep-286

jmartis
New User

Aug 31, 2006, 2:43 PM

Post #1 of 5 (899 views)
Shortcut
hitachi cep-286 Can't Post

hello I have this old TV, it even does not have a remote but the pictre is still perfect. The problem is that after I turn it on, the brightness is too high (so that black object are gray), but after a while (5 min.) it returns to normal. Can this be an old dried capacitor? or bad CRT? or is this normal?

thanx for help, J.M.

jmartis
New User

Sep 7, 2006, 7:47 PM

Post #2 of 5 (878 views)
Shortcut
hitachi cep-286 [In reply to] Can't Post

well, I have another problem (which is more important ATM): Sometimes the TV works ok, but sometimes the picture breaks up and the TV starts emitting a soft "squeal" (everything other works OK). This is obviously a bad solder joint, but I don't know where to look. I also noticed that there is a faint vertical line in the middle which is brighter than the remaining (breaked up) image. I have resoldered many "suspicious" solder joints around the flyback/deflection amplifiers, but it still does the same.
Does anyone have any idea?

thanks in advance, J.M.

jmartis
New User

Sep 14, 2006, 5:45 PM

Post #3 of 5 (858 views)
Shortcut
Re: hitachi cep-286 [In reply to] Can't Post

ok it is now working again (I hope it will work for some longer time), but the brightness drifting thing became really annoying. When I switch it on the picture is crappy and the black is gray, but after 5-10 minutes it is great. Can this be an old and dried out capacitor? If so, where should I look???
Any ideas?

thanks in advance, J.M.

jmartis
New User

Sep 18, 2006, 3:59 PM

Post #4 of 5 (840 views)
Shortcut

oh well, I think the TV's now gone Unsure. After I have replaced few caps in the TV, the image was rolling vertically and adjusting vhold didn't help. I thought I replaced with some bad cap, so I put all old caps back. Still the same problem Pirate. If you don't have any idea what's going on, then I will probably take out the flyback, make some sparks with it (at least some fun when a TV goes), and scrap it. I would really hate to do that because the tube is still in perfect shape.

thanks for any help, J.M.

jmartis
New User

Sep 19, 2006, 5:32 PM

Post #5 of 5 (827 views)
Shortcut

SmileJust to make you know, I got my tv to working state by resoldering ALL solder jionts on the main board (took me about 2hrs). The brightness drifting problem still persists, any ideas on this are welcome!

J.M.

edit - can this be the SCREEN voltage drifting?

edit2 - I checked K1(SCREEN) voltage and also K2(+200V) voltage, none of them is drifting, i have no ideas leftUnsure

(This post was edited by jmartis on Sep 20, 2006, 4:15 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)