Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
hitachi power problem

duanedew
New User

Jan 9, 2010, 6:43 PM

Post #1 of 3 (830 views)
Shortcut
hitachi power problem Can't Post

i have a hitachi tv made in 96,model number 50ux58b we were in another room and heard a pop sound and the tv shut off and now wont turn on,any advice would be greatly appreciated

jts1957
Veteran

Jan 10, 2010, 1:02 AM

Post #2 of 3 (826 views)
Shortcut
Re: [duanedew] hitachi power problem [In reply to] Can't Post

SmileThe following should get you started...

Look for any physical damage - burnt parts, bulged parts, blown apart parts, etc. Check fuses (conventional glass and pico, etc.), Measure voltages in the power supply and compare with what's printed in your SERVICE manual.

-------------------------

Repair man
Enthusiast

Jan 11, 2010, 1:21 PM

Post #3 of 3 (804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [duanedew] hitachi power problem [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Duane -- jts1957 is correct, if you heard a pop then look for any damaged components first; this will be useful information if you find which part made the popping sound.
This does not sound too serious. It could possibly be any number of things, I'll check through my notes and try to find the most likely thing that matches your description and get back to you.
Are there any other symptoms you can provide for us? For example was there anything strange happening before TV died? Does the LED on the front now blink at all when you plug it in or press power etc. (if so this can be a code to pinpoint problem). -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Jan 11, 2010, 1:29 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)