Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
hitachi tv.

bondy
New User

May 31, 2007, 4:50 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1416 views)
Shortcut
hitachi tv. Can't Post

hi, someone please help me. i was given a hitachi tv yesterday by my mother in law, it is model number c28w410sn-311. i was bringing it home in the back of my van when someone walked out in front of me, i slammed on the anchors and the tv tipped and slid along on the screen. to say it is scratched is an under statement. now, can i replace what looks to me as a protective outer glass, or do i have to tell the m.i.l. we were burgled, and the only thing they took was the telly. it was to replace the kids tv in the conservatory which is only used for the ps2 and dvd`s. if i can fix this, where can i get a replacement part and roughly at what cost.
i hope someone can help here.
thanks in advance, bondy.

shadetree
Veteran

May 31, 2007, 5:38 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1414 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bondy] hitachi tv. [In reply to] Can't Post

no protective glass you would have to replace the picture tube which would be more than the set is worth tell them a thief grabbed it and in the struggle to get it back it got scratched then let them watch it the way it is

bondy
New User

May 31, 2007, 6:26 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shadetree] hitachi tv. [In reply to] Can't Post

yeah, i just took the back off the tv and see that it was a complete tube assembly. is it possible to polish out the scratches do you think?

techchris
Veteran

May 31, 2007, 7:21 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1411 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bondy] hitachi tv. [In reply to] Can't Post

you may get light scratches out with jewellers rouge which they used to polish watch faces with but not deep scrapes,just forget it.tell your mother in law you promise to love her daughter more if she buys you a new tv!!

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)