Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
interference

gthrph
New User

Sep 15, 2005, 5:20 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1542 views)
Shortcut
interference Can't Post

Sorry if I am not in the correct forum or is someone knows a better place please tell me but --I have Charter digital cable and also the few hdtv channels they offer. My question however deals with some noise or interference that I am getting on a non hd channel which happens to be FOX- it is located on channel 3. I get it on every TV even tv's that don't have a box hooked up to them. It sometimes go away but always returns. I had the cable guy out and he spent a couple hours here- we bypassed everything to no avail. he went out in the backyard where the cable starts from the post and brought a entirely new wire in and that did not help. He changed the port the wire was in -etc etc. Is there a filter or something I can get? Or any ideas on what could cause this?
gary

rrobor
Veteran

Sep 17, 2005, 11:39 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1525 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gthrph] interference [In reply to] Can't Post

I had similar with my computer, if the computer switched to sleep mode all was well. If not I got rows of dots across the TV. My cure was puting the monitor in a box which i glued aluminium foil inside and out to, then earthed the foil. This helped for a time, then for reasons unknown it cleared up and I threw the box out. Why did I give this saga, its true and it shows just how difficult these things can be.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)