inverter schemes

skyjak
New User

Nov 17, 2012, 4:45 PM

Post #1 of 9 (1323 views)
Shortcut
inverter schemes Can't Post

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can find a schematic for an LG inverter board, part # 6632-0207B. YPNK-T009A. TV model is 32LC2D. I need the data sheet for transistor Q1.

Thx.

(This post was edited by skyjak on Nov 17, 2012, 4:47 PM)

Repair man
Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2012, 5:06 PM

Post #2 of 9 (1320 views)
Shortcut
Re: [skyjak] inverter schemes [In reply to] Can't Post

Can you read the part number on Q1 or is it too burnt?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

skyjak
New User

Nov 17, 2012, 6:27 PM

Post #3 of 9 (1315 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] inverter schemes [In reply to] Can't Post

The marking on the part is NC. That's it.

thx

Repair man
Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012, 5:45 AM

Post #4 of 9 (1304 views)
Shortcut

I don't have the Schematic but I did see a picture of the inverter board online & to me looking at how that transistor is connected in the circuit it appears to be an N-Channel FET transistor.

There are only 2 voltages present on the primary side of the inverter (24volts & 5 volts) so if you use any N-Channel FET rated at 24volts or higher you should be safe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

skyjak
New User

Nov 18, 2012, 5:03 PM

Post #5 of 9 (1295 views)
Shortcut

Thx. I checked out an equivalent transistor and it refers to a marking code with NC on it. I think this is the sub.
Check this pdf..
http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/BF840.pdf

Repair man
Enthusiast

Nov 19, 2012, 4:34 AM

Post #6 of 9 (1285 views)
Shortcut

You may be right, good work! I thought it was an FET transistor (Field Effect Transistor) but I was only guessing by the way it was wired so maybe it is just a regular transistor, so the one you found info on may work. If it's wrong it will likely only damage the new transistor & not the rest of the inverter.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

skyjak
New User

Nov 19, 2012, 8:56 PM

Post #7 of 9 (1272 views)
Shortcut

Hi,
I couldn't find the BF840 so I replaced it with a 2N3904. The C-E and C-B voltages are rated a little higher but it's still working so far!!

Thx for your time with this, Repair Man.

SJ

Repair man
Enthusiast

Nov 20, 2012, 2:37 AM

Post #8 of 9 (1267 views)
Shortcut

That's great news! ... So how did you narrow down that was the problem with the inverter? That's some good diagnostic skills you obviously have experience with electronics.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

skyjak
New User

Nov 21, 2012, 3:06 PM

Post #9 of 9 (1254 views)
Shortcut

I do have a bit of electronics experience. I used to have my own computer and TV\Stereo repair shop for 10 years. Closed up about 6 years ago. I worked mostly with CRT tv's. I just started to get into LCD. Tv's have changed quite a bit.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)