Free Games TV Forums

Main Index FORUM
HOME
Search Posts SEARCH
IN
Rules & FAQ RULES
F.A.Q.

Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
lg plasma 2 white vertial lines? pics included.

jjcool
User

Aug 1, 2008, 1:26 PM

Post #1 of 15 (10293 views)
Shortcut
lg plasma 2 white vertial lines? pics included. Can't Post

hi guys just a quick question i managed to get hold of a 42" lg plasma cheap.
it origanally had 2 blavk vertical lines on picture.

picture below

we managed to fix the problem and now picture is ok but there is now 2 faint white vertial lines in same place? which can be seen on white backgrounds.
does this look like screen burn or image retention?
or do u think its still a problem with one of the boards inside?

heres 2 pictures of the white lines which now exsist, and only really visiable when theres a white background.

tv on white wash

anyone any ideas?

thanks

onetech
User

Aug 1, 2008, 2:20 PM

Post #2 of 15 (10277 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jjcool] lg plasma 2 white vertial lines? pics included. [In reply to] Can't Post

jjcool,
Unfortunatley whoever had the set before used the set with the black bars on the screen for some time and have caused tha bars to burn into the screen.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2008, 1:06 AM

Post #3 of 15 (10267 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jjcool] lg plasma 2 white vertial lines? pics included. [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks like the image is burnt into the LCD panel but you might want to check this out Click Here -- Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Aug 2, 2008, 1:08 AM)

jjcool
User

Aug 2, 2008, 6:06 PM

Post #4 of 15 (10249 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] lg plasma 2 white vertial lines? pics included. [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks repair man looked at that however there nothink that shows my white bar problem.

so would u think its a burn in issue here?

anyway to def tell if it is burn in ?

jjcool
User

Aug 2, 2008, 11:09 PM

Post #5 of 15 (10242 views)
Shortcut

i have also noticed on the ysus board the big 250wv 680uf cap is buldging.

(This post was edited by jjcool on Aug 2, 2008, 11:13 PM)

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Aug 3, 2008, 2:48 AM

Post #6 of 15 (10236 views)
Shortcut

Replace the cap and if it resolves the problem, it is your lucky day!

jjcool
User

Aug 3, 2008, 12:15 PM

Post #7 of 15 (10232 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] lg plasma 2 white vertial lines? pics included. [In reply to] Can't Post

to be honest would a power cap on the ysus board cause white lines? as i did not think the ysus controls vertial part of screen?

also looking for a source i cant find any 680UF 250V in uk only sucsess is farnel they have http://uk.farnell.com/...tail.jsp?sku=3899779

but the farnel CAPACITOR, 680UF 250V
  • Temperature, operating range:-40°C to +85°C the ones in the tv have 105°C on them :(
    so dont think these will work as they only got tem range from 40°C to +85°C

• Frown

• (This post was edited by jjcool on Aug 3, 2008, 1:53 PM)

techchris
    Veteran

Aug 3, 2008, 5:31 PM

Post #8 of 15 (10219 views)
    Shortcut

have you tried SEME? you could try the lower temp cap just to prove the point as a temporary fix, it only costs a few pence. if it cures the fault then find the higher temp one elsewhere

jjcool
    User

Aug 4, 2008, 11:21 AM

Post #9 of 15 (10208 views)
    Shortcut
    Re: [techchris] lg plasma 2 white vertial lines? pics included. [In reply to] Can't Post

just a quick question guys will the cap have to be replaced with exact brand samwha cap?
    i have found the value and proper heat range caps but they are from diff manufactures
    panasonic
    http://uk.farnell.com/...amp;_requestid=18304
    or
    vishay
    http://uk.farnell.com/...amp;_requestid=18606

techchris
    Veteran

Aug 4, 2008, 12:52 PM

Post #10 of 15 (10206 views)
    Shortcut

the maker is not important, just the values

jjcool
    User

Aug 4, 2008, 1:29 PM

Post #11 of 15 (10204 views)
    Shortcut
    Re: [techchris] lg plasma 2 white vertial lines? pics included. [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks chris,

just curious these caps on on the ysus, if any of them are leaky would it affect the vertial lines shown on picture im getting? as dident think faulty high voltage caps would cause 2 white vertial lines in same place the origanal fault was.

techchris
    Veteran

Aug 4, 2008, 2:04 PM

Post #12 of 15 (10201 views)
    Shortcut

more likely to be open circuit than leaky. I wouldnt bet any money on the cap curing the fault,but hey we all live and learn so post back your results

jjcool
    User

Aug 4, 2008, 2:26 PM

Post #13 of 15 (10199 views)
    Shortcut

hope so mate, can i ask what sort of problems do u get with a short ysus board .

as looked through a few arcticals but none relate to white vertial problems?
    as seems im getting vertial problems here.
    farnel do these caps but panasonic but min spend is 20.00 so might have to just bite the bullet and order 4.

cdonnerusmc
    New User

Dec 11, 2008, 3:51 AM

Post #14 of 15 (10061 views)
    Shortcut

hey i have a lg 42pc1da with the same issue but only one white line down it ? did you ever get the problem fixed if so what did you do ? also my tv is flickering on and off really fast and looks like a negative photo the tv stays on its just the picture that flickers?? any ideas?

acad
    New User

Dec 30, 2008, 2:55 PM

Post #15 of 15 (10009 views)
    Shortcut
    Re: [cdonnerusmc] lg plasma 2 white vertial lines? pics included. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi,

You have what is called burn in. You need to run the whitewash program to clear the stuck pixels. If you don't have this feature then you can download a whitewash program and hook your laptop or pc up to your plasma and run this program for a while. http://udpix.free.fr/

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.15 s on (CGI/1.1)