Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
loss of power

mickeysc
New User

Jan 7, 2007, 3:52 AM

Post #1 of 5 (964 views)
Shortcut
loss of power Can't Post

I am new to this forum and hope someone can help me some. I have a philips 43pp92 projection tv that I have spent a bit of money on repair and it is not fixed yet. What happens is after it is on for perhaps 45 minutes it shuts off. Push the button to turn it back on and it will last maybe 10 minutes. Picture is fine. TV just shuts off. After several times it will not turn back on unless it is unplugged from the wall for awhile. Plug it back in and turn on, it will stay on for a short time and then shuts off. It is the same problem that put the tv in the repair shop. This has been going on for 9 months. In the same shop twice and supposedly fixed twice. WRONG!!!. Is this a power supply problem?? Thanks for any help with this tv.Pirate

techchris
Veteran

Jan 7, 2007, 11:54 AM

Post #2 of 5 (958 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickeysc] loss of power [In reply to] Can't Post

this sounds like a heat related problem.unfortunately philips technical backup leaves a lot to be desired,i have searched their technical website but there are no common faults listed fo this model.I suggest you get back to the original service guys again as this type of fault can be a nightmare to trace unless someone has come across the fault before.good luck

mickeysc
New User

Jan 7, 2007, 6:56 PM

Post #3 of 5 (955 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] loss of power [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your input. Sounds like the tv needs to be replaced at this point. Has it has been in this condition for 9 months. Fixed twice, but still has the same problem so it was never fixed. Just a waste of money spent. Thanks again

kuhurdler
User

Jan 10, 2007, 6:19 PM

Post #4 of 5 (932 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mickeysc] loss of power [In reply to] Can't Post

I know you don't want to throw any more money at this, and I don't blame you. I am curious what they replaced the first two times. I would suspect the high voltage splitter if it came to my shop.

-Jim Riddle
http://riddledtv.com

-RiddledTV.com
http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/

mickeysc
New User

Jan 10, 2007, 8:48 PM

Post #5 of 5 (927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kuhurdler] loss of power [In reply to] Can't Post

From what I remember, there were 4 boards that had been replaced. Memory seems a little short on the number since this all started 9 months ago. Anyway the guy working on it said he had replaced all of the boards.
It seems like he had difficulty in getting a couple of them.

Thanks for your time and input.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)