Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
mitsubishi dlp problems

rico55
New User

Jun 20, 2012, 3:59 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2941 views)
Shortcut
mitsubishi dlp problems Can't Post

I have a mitsubishi dlp 57732 and have replaced the lamp twice.... both times it has blown with a loud pop sound about 4 hours after installing.... what could be my problem? I have not touched the bulb and have installed it properly I believe... I got the set for free and the lamp light was on when i got it... both my bulbs have exploded on the inside ( filament ) but the bulb I origanally removed was not... any help would be great...this is an awsome tv and would love to have it working again....

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 20, 2012, 2:32 PM

Post #2 of 7 (2933 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rico55] mitsubishi dlp problems [In reply to] Can't Post

You are using "Genuine" bulbs - not knockoffs?

-------------------------

rico55
New User

Jun 20, 2012, 6:40 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2928 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] mitsubishi dlp problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, they were knock offs. Just thought that maybe something was causing them to blow right away. I Could see the bulbs going bad in a month or matter of months, but both bulbs blew in about 4 hours. Was wondering if I had a power supply issue like a bad ballast. I will be ordering an osram bulb, but just wanted to make sure it was the bulbs and not something else. I did notice there was an odor when the bulb heated up. Not sure if that is normal for new bulbs or not. And the fan was on the whole time blowing very warm air out. Thanks

getting ready to purchase a new bulb.... was still looking for some feedback.... I know that you run the risk of premature burnout with knockoff bulbs, but would 2 of them just blow in 4 hours of use? could I have a power supply problem? and how would I check for it... I just dont want to go thru the hassle of buying another bulb ( a genuine bulb ) and having it blow as well if the problem is the ballast or something else. any suggestions would be great... would love to get this awsome tv back in service soon....

(This post was edited by rico55 on Jun 27, 2012, 4:29 PM)

rico55
New User

Jun 27, 2012, 4:39 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2901 views)
Shortcut

hope someone helps with this

Ron.M
Veteran

Jun 27, 2012, 6:29 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2900 views)
Shortcut

rico55;....

Knock-off lamps carry the same risk that generic convergence ICs do...
My suggestion would be to get a "New" Mitsubishi lamp from a reputable dealer that has a refund policy in the event you continue to blow lamps..

& YES , knock-off lamps can & DO blow out in 2~4 hours...
If you were to go to a bad restaurant & order a meal & it's bad , what gives you the idea that the next one will be OK at the same restaurant ???
NOT likely....

Remember;...
Do NOT touch the lamp ....
That WILL blow even new lamps...

Good Luck....Sly....

Later....Ron.M....Cool...
Veteran & Retired TV technician

rico55
New User

Jun 27, 2012, 8:56 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2893 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ron.M] mitsubishi dlp problems [In reply to] Can't Post

ok... thank you for the info.... I will order an oem bulb and see what happens.... thanks again...

74f100
Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2012, 2:06 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2888 views)
Shortcut

Mitsubishi sells to the public at dealer cost for lamps, best to call them directly.
HDMI not working

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)