Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
mitsubishi vs45501a

jace77
New User

Jul 30, 2007, 5:43 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1026 views)
Shortcut
mitsubishi vs45501a Can't Post

I have a mistubishi 45" tv that was working great, had it serviced/cleaned in may 2006, well when we turned it on today, there was a popping sound, kids said it sounded like 50 firecrackers going off, then the screen started to get blurred and shrunk and went dead, no picture or sound. The room smelled like electric burn. I am assuming this tv is not fixable and if it is, probably more than its worth, but on the chance I am wrong, please advise. I loved this tv, we have now go and bought 3 different tvs and I just hate them! I just want my tv back. Help

onetech
User

Jul 30, 2007, 6:37 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jace77] mitsubishi vs45501a [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a failure of the high voltage transformer. The transformer for this set is no longer available from Mitsubishi but may be available on the internet (no gaurantee).
The transformer originally sold for $125.00, plus any associated parts that were damaged and labor.

RetiredTVguy2
User

Jul 30, 2007, 7:23 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1018 views)
Shortcut

Sounds like a big job, could be what onetech said could also be a coolant leak, when that stuff leaks out all kinds of fireworks go off. Could be a thousand other things. No way to know without seeing inside.
----------------------------------------------------------
When everyone treats you bad, turn to your dog, he or she will understand!
-----------------------------------------------------------
I dont mind working, as long as it doesn't interfere with fishing!

mikemaiertv
Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2007, 7:11 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1006 views)
Shortcut

If sets were built like the olden days a ten year old set would not be a problem, but with the way they are now........ your Mits is ten, this makes some parts inpossible to locate, and even then you will most likly put 450.00 to 550.00 in to a ten year old set. And afraid to say life span for these is about 12 to 15 years
Mike Owens Owner Competition TV Spokane WA.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)