Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
panasonic PT51DX80-A

kampat
New User

Jun 18, 2006, 2:43 AM

Post #1 of 4 (998 views)
Shortcut
panasonic PT51DX80-A Can't Post

Hi I am new to the forum and would like to say hello to everybody..ok I have a projection tv model listed which clicks and does not come on I have already changed the HOTand it has done nothing and the 130 or so volt on the HOT is only 31 volts..on the collector I did remove the jumper pins on the board that supplies to the convergence ics and that would start the set up without any high volts...any body out there who can help pls the kids need to have the tv in the holidays....pls

kampat
New User

Jun 20, 2006, 12:20 AM

Post #2 of 4 (978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kampat] panasonic PT51DX80-A [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Hi I am new to the forum and would like to say hello to everybody..ok I have a projection tv model listed which clicks and does not come on I have already changed the HOTand it has done nothing and the 130 or so volt on the HOT is only 31 volts..on the collector I did remove the jumper pins on the board that supplies to the convergence ics and that would start the set up without any high volts...any body out there who can help pls the kids need to have the tv in the holidays....pls

techchris
Veteran

Jun 20, 2006, 8:14 AM

Post #3 of 4 (975 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kampat] panasonic PT51DX80-A [In reply to] Can't Post

disconnect the collector pin of the horizontal o/p transistor. if the ht volts come up to about 120v then you probably have a fault in the o/p stage ie transformer or emiter/base short on the transistor or the high voltage module.

kampat
New User

Jun 20, 2006, 3:33 PM

Post #4 of 4 (971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] panasonic PT51DX80-A [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks a lot or the input i did try it and it still have the same volts on the HOT if i disconnect the jumper pin on tha board that is the farthest then the set sometimes come on and have the sound but no HT if that gives you any idea of where to look for......thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)