Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
panasonic TH-42PE7u repair

peteinny
New User

Apr 30, 2009, 10:43 AM

Post #1 of 3 (738 views)
Shortcut
panasonic TH-42PE7u repair Can't Post

I have a Panasonic Th-42PE7u that is about 18 months old. I recently had a power surge and now the unit does not receive any digital signal. The unit powers up fine as the powerside was surge protected. The cable side was not surge protected. I get a distorted signal while being fed with RF signal. I checked the SS and SC board and the Led lights are both green. I have on occasion observed a thin pink line on the display. I am not sure what all this means however do you think this unit is worth fixing? It doen not have many hours on it as it was used in a bedroom. Thanks for any input.

rrobor
Veteran

May 1, 2009, 7:29 AM

Post #2 of 3 (731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [peteinny] panasonic TH-42PE7u repair [In reply to] Can't Post

This is an insurance write off, if you have no insurance, hard luck. No one can tell the damage done or if you fix all thats faulty now, how long the rest will hold together. If I fixed this the warranty would be "it worked in my workshop" and I would ask you to see it working. Spikes create issues that weaken your system. Each spike creates another nail in the coffin. Everything can be fixed but what is the reliability is another question. And no I dont say that a fix wll never be reliable. As to that I know as much as you.

peteinny
New User

May 1, 2009, 10:30 AM

Post #3 of 3 (729 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] panasonic TH-42PE7u repair [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the advise.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.11 s on (CGI/1.1)