New User

Aug 15, 2010, 1:52 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1630 views)
Shortcut
philips 21PT1381/71R Can't Post

To all,

this CRT TV.
PROBLEM: black screen,with sound.
FINDINGS: vertical section in protection mode.TDA3653B-vertical IC.
WORK DONE: I already replaced Vertical IC but the trouble exists.Also the jungle IC(TDA8361E) is new.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Aug 17, 2010, 1:28 PM

Post #2 of 6 (1612 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ihodiputah_510] philips 21PT1381/71R [In reply to] Can't Post

This still sound like you may have a problem with the vertical, try turning up the 'Screen' control on the flyback and see if you get a thin horizontal line across the center of the screen; if you do there is still a problem in the vertical section.

It will likely be an open low value resistor (1 - 2 ohm) that is used as a fuse for the vertical IC. The resistor could be located near the flyback (it will be some place between the flyback and the vertical IC).

Another possibility is a bad capacitor near the vertical IC that is causing the vertical IC to short so the new IC may have shorted instantly when the set was powered on.

Do you have any other numbers on the set (ex: Chassis number or service number) I can't seem to find the model number in my notes or I may have been able to find the exact components to change.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Aug 31, 2010, 12:44 PM)

ihodiputah_510
New User

Aug 31, 2010, 9:28 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1591 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] philips 21PT1381/71R [In reply to] Can't Post

The circuit seems to be like chassis L7.1A.AA....but some test points and pin voltages are confusing.
I already replaced all electrolytic capacitor in Vertical section.
Thanks for the reply.

ihodiputah_510
New User

Sep 4, 2010, 10:11 AM

Post #4 of 6 (1568 views)
Shortcut

The circuit seems to be like chassis L7.1A.AA....but some test points and pin voltages are confusing.
I already replaced all electrolytic capacitor in Vertical section.
Thanks for the reply.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2010, 2:04 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1566 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ihodiputah_510] philips 21PT1381/71R [In reply to] Can't Post

See if you have any DC voltage between Pin 9 and Pin1 (Pin 1 is ground) and also between Pin 6 and Pin 1 (or ground)

I'm suspecting you will not find voltage there. If you do not have voltage at these pins, trace pin 9 and pin 6 all the way back to the flyback transformer; there will be an open component somewhere along that path. It will likely be an open low value resistor or diode. The voltage will likely be around 24 volts DC if working properly.

This also may be Horizontal output issue so be sure to check that circuit as well (Horizontal Output Transistor)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Sep 4, 2010, 2:08 PM)

ihodiputah_510
New User

Sep 20, 2010, 9:06 AM

Post #6 of 6 (1539 views)
Shortcut

Vertical IC is TDA3653B and the input pins are pin 1 and pin 3...it has 1.3v vertical drive. but the pin 7 has 4v and it must be 0v because it is for sandcastle.if pin 7 produces 4v,its in protection mode.
i replaced all components in vertical section but still it has no vertical deflection( Vertical Deflection coil is OK)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)