tvtech
New User

Aug 31, 2005, 1:18 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2066 views)
Shortcut
philips 60PP93 dead Can't Post

hi
i have a philips 60pp93 5217 60" projection hdtv which had a red convergence
problem on left bottom corner. never bothered to fix it, then it kept on increasing & went to almost 3/4 of the screen. one fine day it died, no picture. i opened the back cover & i hear a chirping sound come & go every second. i think one of chip in the converegence ckt has shorted. will apreaciate if someone would point me in the right direction (service manual or schematic)
thanks

tvtech
New User

Sep 19, 2005, 7:45 PM

Post #2 of 3 (2011 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tvtech] philips 60PP93 dead [In reply to] Can't Post

hi

replaced 1 of the two ic's (STK392-120) found in the convergence ckt.and the tv was back on but would shut down after about 10 minutes also it still had the same red convergence problem, replaced the second ic (STK392-120) & now the tv goes straight to standby (cheked & made sure thare was no short when i replaced the ic) replaced the second with the original & it still goes to standby, i think the micro needs to be reset can somebody tell me how to reset the micro or any other suggestion

thanks

tvtech
New User

Sep 30, 2005, 8:44 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1970 views)
Shortcut
Re: [tvtech] philips 60PP93 dead [In reply to] Can't Post

hi

turned out that the 1st ic I had replaced was defective (Manufacturing defect)replaced with another one and the tv was back on. It still had the same red convergence problem, replaced the second ic (STK392-120) with no change. The problem at present is when i do factory reset the red convergence is way out & it takes me 30 minutes to bring to almost perfect however the left bottom three crosshatch the red line is not straight but kind of like an inverted S Got in the service menu (062596 status) & i see an error code 104 can somebody tell what error code is

thanks

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)