Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
philips tv

dstafisreal
New User

May 20, 2012, 1:52 PM

Post #1 of 3 (1225 views)
Shortcut
philips tv Can't Post

I have a Philips TV model 30HW9100D/27 I purchased it from a hotel, it's stuck in the hotel mode i can't get it to go on ch3. Please help i don't have a remote.

jts1957
Veteran

May 20, 2012, 4:57 PM

Post #2 of 3 (1214 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dstafisreal] philips tv [In reply to] Can't Post

http://download.p4c.philips.com/...9100d_27_dfu_aen.pdf

You may have to read through it a couple of times for the information to be retained.

-------------------------

Ron.M
Veteran

May 20, 2012, 6:35 PM

Post #3 of 3 (1209 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dstafisreal] philips tv [In reply to] Can't Post

jts1957;.....

Thanks for that manual....

dstafisreal;.....

On page 6 you will see a "special" remote (RC2573GR Setup Remote) you will need to switch from commercial to consumer use....
You will also see a remote you will need to use the set....
On page 8 is the proceedure you should follow with the "special" remote as shown below;=>....

The television is shipped in Commercial mode; however, at times it may be necessary to operate the set in Consumer mode. To switch between Commercial Mode and Consumer Mode the following sequence should be followed:
• With the RC2573GR Master setup remote enter 024995 and press the menu key.
• Use the Right cursor button to switch the Mode of the set between Consumer and Commercial.
• With the proper mode selected, cursor down and use the Right cursor button to store the selected mode.
• After the mode is stored, the television will power itself off. At this point disconnect

You're going to need the RC2888/01 Guest Remote OR similiar remote to use the set...
My suggestion would be to take the TV to an "AUTHORIZED Philips/Magnavox" Service shop & let them convert it over for you....
It should take them 5~10 minutes & $10~20 USD to do the job...
Since it's a one-time deal , why buy a "special"(Green) remote you are going to use one time , then it sits in a drawer somewhere...

Good Luck....Smile....

Later...Ron.M....Cool....
Veteran & Retired TV technician

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)