Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
please help me

shawakatima1
New User

Mar 2, 2007, 2:49 AM

Post #1 of 4 (931 views)
Shortcut
please help me Can't Post

hello all i just discovered this forum and thanks to all of you people i was able to change the coolant in my phillips 64 inch tv, i just changed the blue and green but here is the problem for what ever reason the tv still looks dim, i mean the color is great now but i had to set the setting for brightness all the way or its still dark! now honestly i just drained the coolant and put new coolant in was i suppose to open something else and clean it? do i need some type of bulb? please help me i want to fix it asap! my email is

shawakatima1@hotmail.com

techchris
Veteran

Mar 2, 2007, 4:28 PM

Post #2 of 4 (915 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shawakatima1] please help me [In reply to] Can't Post

look into the tubes to see if algae is growing which needs to be cleaned out.also why not do the red coolant as well?is the picture dim as in lack of contrast or dark as in lack of brightness?

shawakatima1
New User

Mar 2, 2007, 6:38 PM

Post #3 of 4 (913 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] please help me [In reply to] Can't Post

its a lack of brightness, the brightness is all the way at max because its so dim and i will try again tonight now do i have to completely remove the crts? or can i just tilt the tv like i already did? please let me know im going to try again tonight

techchris
Veteran

Mar 2, 2007, 7:34 PM

Post #4 of 4 (911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [shawakatima1] please help me [In reply to] Can't Post

if you take the front off then you can look down into the tubes .they should be clear not murky.if the picture has got worse slowly over time it maybe the tubes are failing,but it would be best to get this confirmed by a local tech.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)