Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
rca f27318 Help!!!

kylum
New User

Jul 20, 2007, 6:11 AM

Post #1 of 5 (830 views)
Shortcut
rca f27318 Help!!! Can't Post

Just to let you know i am new at this and i dont need to take it to tech cause i have no need for the tv just starting a new hobbie. I have a rca f27318 chassis ctc203aa5. I have sound and can change channel but no picture and no menu. Ever so often the screen will come on when powering on. but seems only after it has been unpluged for awhile. when it comes on it usually will go out after a min or sec altho it will stay on till i turn it off very very seldom. From reading other post i figured it was a bad solder joint some where. So i started around the hot and what i believe to be the isolation transistor. Didnt work. To make a long story short i resolder the entire chassis and the board on the back of the tube. I did this becauce i called a tv repair shop and they told me what i thought about bad solder joint and to solder the right have of the board. I noticed that some times my hair will stand on my arm when i but it infront of the screen but most of the time not. What else can i do to try and get this to work. I also tried probeing every part on the chassis with no luck. I have tested the ohms of some resistors and the ones i have checke have been good. But from what i have read thats probably not what is wrong. or could it be as simple as a resistor a capasitor. I only have a multi meter so i cant go to indepth. I do have another tv that has a transformer/chopper that has been discontinued and i cant find any where. what parts if any could i use off it. Like isolation transistor??? Any advice would be great.

Thanks in advance

Paulpablo
Enthusiast

Jul 20, 2007, 5:33 PM

Post #2 of 5 (821 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kylum] rca f27318 Help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is going to be L4401. You need to clean the old solder out and redo!

kylum
New User

Jul 23, 2007, 9:20 PM

Post #3 of 5 (800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Paulpablo] rca f27318 Help!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

L4401 was the problem. The pin coming through the board wasnt through all the way and wasn't even solderd. I wasn't sure which spot to solder though there was two different spots next to each other i went for the smaller whole because the other pin went through a the same size hole. Plus both holes were connected to the same trace and nothing in between them. Now the screen comes on and stays on. thanks Paulpablo. But now the screen has small lines in it and they are jumpy. There is a sound coming from the back of the picture tube, where the high voltage plugs into the tube. The sound goes away if i adjust the screen but the screen gets to dark and you cant see shit. If u turn the screen up the sound get worse and so do the lines. what causes this. Is it the connection at the tube, bad connection, or dust???
Help please. Thanz in advance

Franky
User

Jul 23, 2007, 10:13 PM

Post #4 of 5 (793 views)
Shortcut

Maybe you did not do a good job on the coil soldering.try again as suggested by other tech.and than resolder and check hot, resolder flyback transformer,drive Tranformer.

kylum
New User

Jul 23, 2007, 10:15 PM

Post #5 of 5 (792 views)
Shortcut

Nevermind, the high voltage wire going into the tube had a break in the wire a right at the end. where the wire go to the tube. Just had to cut and strip wire and now it works like brand new.
Thanx for the help. this site is very informative. thanx every one

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)