Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
remote control

williamh
New User

Aug 26, 2005, 10:53 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1375 views)
Shortcut
remote control Can't Post

i have a toshiba model no. cf36h40 which i've owned for about 5-6 yrs. recently the remote control became intermitent and generally doesn't work. i've tried the usual things like changing the batteries and cleaning the lenses and the remote will work for a few seconds to a few minutes but then stops working. i've also tried a universal remote that i've used for a few yrs with this t.v. but no luck there. sometimes i'll pick up the remote and try it and it will work and most times not. please help

rrobor
Veteran

Aug 27, 2005, 8:10 AM

Post #2 of 5 (1367 views)
Shortcut
Re: [williamh] remote control [In reply to] Can't Post

Usual fault with these things are oils etc from the hands leeching around the rubber buttons. If the handset is screwed together remove the screws and pull it apart. I use my thumb nail to run along the sides to flick the clips off.

williamh
New User

Aug 27, 2005, 10:17 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1357 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] remote control [In reply to] Can't Post

i opened the remote but it appeared to be clean inside. besides, i have another universal remote that is doing the same thing. the remote that came with the tv is the one i'm trying to fix. this same remote works a vcr that i have just fine, so i think it may be something wrong with the tv.

rrobor
Veteran

Aug 28, 2005, 12:34 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [williamh] remote control [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok then its probably within the TV but before trying that, test 2 things. 1/ find the area the lense is and hold the remote close to that. There has been the odd time the material the front was made of went strange and reduced the range. 2/ are you using power saver globes or any other unusual lighting in the room, if so switch them off and see if it works. That all done it will be the receiver, it will be a dry joint on that or the leads to the micro.

williamh
New User

Aug 28, 2005, 2:52 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] remote control [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the reply. what do you mean by a dry joint when talking about the ir receiver/?

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)