replacing defusion sheets

roozbeh007
New User

Jul 23, 2013, 4:23 PM

Post #1 of 5 (858 views)
Shortcut
replacing defusion sheets Can't Post

Hello everyone.
I have a few LCD monitors which I wanted to service due to different tint of colors on each panel. i opened one of the panels and noticed there is three sheets in between LCD panel and CCFL lamps. they all had change in color possibly due to the heat. I wanted to replace those sheets with new sheets. these LCD monitors are TFT panels made by ID Tech.
Would you please point me to the right direction on where I can buy these sheets from? I have heard 3M makes them as well. the panels are IPS so I'm not sure if I have to purchase something special. Thank you very much in advance for all your help.

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2013, 1:14 AM

Post #2 of 5 (846 views)
Shortcut
Re: [roozbeh007] replacing defusion sheets [In reply to] Can't Post

You would have to contact a panel manufacturer.

As a tech, I have done it for the sheer experience. But won't do it for customers, the cost is more than replacing a panel.
HDMI not working

roozbeh007
New User

Jul 24, 2013, 12:32 PM

Post #3 of 5 (841 views)
Shortcut
Re: [74f100] replacing defusion sheets [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello and thanks for the info.
is it the only way to have them replaced? only manufacturer? can I take them from another IPS panel and place it there? how about the Diffusing sheet alone. can that be replaced? any place you recommend to look into it? is there any recommended method to wash them maybe? I wanted to use bleach but I'm afraid it could damage the sheets if there is any special coatings on them. Thanks in advance for your help.

74f100
Enthusiast

Jul 24, 2013, 11:24 PM

Post #4 of 5 (824 views)
Shortcut
Re: [roozbeh007] replacing defusion sheets [In reply to] Can't Post

The last time I did it, I took them from a different manufacturer's panel that didn't have the problem. It just took some experimentation.

You could use any cleaner that doesn't have ammonia in it.
HDMI not working

roozbeh007
New User

Jul 25, 2013, 3:39 PM

Post #5 of 5 (817 views)
Shortcut
Re: [74f100] replacing defusion sheets [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you very much for your help and info provided. I will try recommended methods. have a nice day.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)