Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
samsung le40a556p1f issue

kearnel
New User

Jun 29, 2014, 7:21 PM

Post #1 of 4 (2009 views)
Shortcut
samsung le40a556p1f issue Can't Post

hi, i have a samsung le40a556p1f, it is quite old, and now the screen has gone all distorted and green, anyway ive unplugged all the leads, apart from power, checked another power cable, checked settings, checked service settings and tried changing the lvds format but its still the same.

my question is, would this be a tcon problem or a mb problem, or both. so i know which 1 to replace? im a qualified computer engineer, repair consoles, but this is my first time repairing a tv.

thanks

flyatyou66
User

Jun 30, 2014, 3:53 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kearnel] samsung le40a556p1f issue [In reply to] Can't Post

This is a samsung that's noted for bad capacitors. The first thing we need to do is to take off the back panel and check the power board for bad capacitors. Look for buldged, leaky caps. If none then lets go to the t-con board.
CONTROL BOARD V400H1-C01 FOR SAMSUNG LE40A556P1F
Need to know if menu display is ontop of distortion or behind menu display? Reason-If ontop=t-con if behind=mainboard
Here you will see a lvds cable that runs from the t-con to the mainboard. This cable does come loose sometimes causing distortion. Squeeze on clips, pull to disconnect. Clean both ends with alcohol (Isopropyl). Reconnect and see if this works. If not then i would go with t-con since it displays color to screen.

kearnel
New User

Jul 1, 2014, 9:37 AM

Post #3 of 4 (1971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [flyatyou66] samsung le40a556p1f issue [In reply to] Can't Post

i took the back off, i checked the lvds cable and cleaned it, also checked the ribbon cables connected to the t-con, at the back of the tcon, there are some black marks similar to a scorch. the capacitors on the board seem fine.

the distortion is on top of the menu however the menu is pretty clear, but its missing colours, and theres a black outline on everything.

thanks for ur reply :)

flyatyou66
User

Jul 1, 2014, 11:53 AM

Post #4 of 4 (1965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kearnel] samsung le40a556p1f issue [In reply to] Can't Post

Could you further explain the black marks simular to a scorch.Location, size or some discription.What kind of distortion is on the menu, lines or just poor color or is it a black shadow?
Would it be possible to get a couplee of pictures?

(This post was edited by flyatyou66 on Jul 1, 2014, 12:12 PM)

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)