chris rod
New User

Jan 31, 2009, 5:31 PM

Post #1 of 4 (1880 views)
Shortcut
samsung model hcn653w Can't Post

I have a samsung hd projection2003 tv
it has a converg isue, i replaced the converg but still have the same problem
i still cant ajust the red blue is centered but the red does not and the top and the bottom have a hupe like a u across can anybody help

Repair man
Enthusiast

Feb 1, 2009, 11:33 PM

Post #2 of 4 (1867 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris rod] samsung model hcn653w [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Chris -- Can you check your convergence board for 'Pico Fuses'.

Some convergence boards have pico fuses that will open when the convergence ICs go bad. Some convergence boards just have jumper wires where the pico fuses would normally be.

If you check out the link below you can see a close-up of the convergence board and where these pico fuses are located.

The pico fuses look like small resistors but they do not have the color coded stripes that resistors have, instead they will have the amperage written on them (ex: 3amp)

If your board has the fuses and one (or both) are open then this would not allow you to adjust convergence.

Another possibility is that some of the resistors on the board have changed value. This can happen when an IC shorts. You can sometimes see a burnt resistor if you look closely.

One other possibility is that when you had the board off you mixed up the plugs that go to the green, red and blue convergence yokes; check to see if you plugged them into their correct sockets.

Dan

Samsung Convergence ICs
Click Here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

(This post was edited by Repair man on Feb 1, 2009, 11:38 PM)

chris rod
New User

Feb 2, 2009, 4:04 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Repair man] samsung model hcn653w [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the info on the conver .I looked on the board and the only thing that board has is on the back where you put the conver it has two little orange looks like resistor but has on it looks like a/ k4 its actualy sodered on conver board to one two three converg number do i need to replace them. i will check everthing else .and thanks for the link and pictures.

Repair man
Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2009, 4:47 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chris rod] samsung model hcn653w [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think what you are describing are pico fuses. I added a picture to the link below of a pico fuse that Samsung and Akai use on their convergence boards. -- Dan

Samsung Convergence ICs
Click Here

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)