Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
samsung slow picture

pbr1893
New User

Nov 30, 2014, 5:38 PM

Post #1 of 2 (1015 views)
Shortcut
samsung slow picture Can't Post

i have an 8 yr old samsung 32 inch 83251d mainly used for gaming by my son. yesterday it started reacting slowly and like the characters were in slow motion...meaning their last steps were slow motion-like. any ideas? i really don't want to toss it if was some what of an easy to mid level fix...any ideas? I'm guessing that the gaming has exhausted a lot of hour life with the expanse in graphics? thanks for any help!

Repair man
Enthusiast

Dec 1, 2014, 3:46 AM

Post #2 of 2 (1001 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pbr1893] samsung slow picture [In reply to] Can't Post

The TV has a bad LCD panel. It has nothing to do with your son playing video games, I've seen TV only 6 months old do the same thing. This can happen with any LDC panel & any brand of TV. It's usually due to moving the TV (even swiveling it) what happens is there are small ribbons (usually on the top edge on the panel) that are factory bonded & the bonding comes loose. This can cause anything from the slow motion to distorted video to lines in the video to no video etc. etc. Unfortunately this can not be repaired unless you change the LCD panel but it's cheaper to buy a new TV than to change the panel. You could always sell the TV to someone on drugs, they would either not think there's anything wrong or they'd think it's the coolest TV they've owned lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you (or anyone reading this post) have any further questions or need clarification please feel free to contact me direct; you can find my email address by clicking on my user-name.

Learn Plasma TV Repair

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)