Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
screen problems

ibooklover123
New User

Aug 19, 2005, 6:08 AM

Post #1 of 4 (1421 views)
Shortcut
screen problems Can't Post

I have a zenith hi definition 38" tv, it's about three years old. Recently a problem has began. Now, whenever i turn the tv it will work fine for about 7 minutes, then the screen will go black, completely off, the sound and all other features (volume, channel changing) work fine. To get the picture to come back for another 7 minutes i have to turn it off for a few minutes. My first thought was overheating, but i don't know, please help. So far i have tried pointing a fan at the back on high to try to cool it down, but it still has the problems.

Farnsworth
New User

Aug 19, 2005, 7:07 AM

Post #2 of 4 (1414 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ibooklover123] screen problems [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay this can get a little tricky, but it should pinpoint your problem. You will need to get a can of "freeze spray" from your local electronics supply store. Then pull the back cover off, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING AT ALL IN THERE, Turn the TV on as usual. Then as soon as the picture goes out use the spray on any tranistors and IC's you can see. About a 2 or 3 second spray should do it. when you hit the faulty componet the picture should come back on briefly, if no luck then the next step is to look for bad solder joints...more about that next time...Good Luck.
[font"Trebuchet MS"] "Good News Everyone"

shadetree
Veteran

Aug 19, 2005, 12:49 PM

Post #3 of 4 (1410 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Farnsworth] screen problems [In reply to] Can't Post

whats the good news free gas

ibooklover123
New User

Aug 19, 2005, 2:45 PM

Post #4 of 4 (1406 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Farnsworth] screen problems [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks, i'll try it. I was just afraid of taking it apart because a lot of things inside the tv hold lots of charge.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)