Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
sony kv-32xbr400

sonyboy292006
New User

Jan 11, 2006, 8:50 PM

Post #1 of 5 (1780 views)
Shortcut
sony kv-32xbr400 Can't Post

It all started when I was watching tv,and all of a sudden;the picture squeezes up and cuts off. So I try to turn the tv back on,to no avail.

Next,I looked to make sure the TV was plugged into a surge protector,which it was,and i'm like wholy crap,the tv just died.

So now when I turn the tv on,I hear a click with what appears to sound like a degauss sound from the backside of the tv.

The tv seems like it wants to turn on but it doesn't completely.

I have no idea what the problem could be. etc.power supply,picture tube...and then there's that constant red standby light that flashes.

I've had this tv for only 4 years, and it is a very expensive SONY XBR series tv.

Please help

Thanks.

(This post was edited by sonyboy292006 on Jan 11, 2006, 9:08 PM)

Visiting Tech
New User

Jan 11, 2006, 11:05 PM

Post #2 of 5 (1771 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sonyboy292006] sony kv-32xbr400 [In reply to] Can't Post

Possible the HOT or horizontal output transistor shorted. I'd give it a 80 percent this is whats up.

mel
Veteran

Jan 11, 2006, 11:25 PM

Post #3 of 5 (1769 views)
Shortcut

The red flashing standby light is a diagnostic tool which is built into Sonys to help isolate problem areas. The consyant flashing indicates that there is a problem in the IK circuit or the jungle IC circuit. The most common failure seems to be the jungle IC.

sonyboy292006
New User

Jan 12, 2006, 9:00 PM

Post #4 of 5 (1757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Visiting Tech] sony kv-32xbr400 [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Possible the HOT or horizontal output transistor shorted. I'd give it a 80 percent this is whats up.

Well I called the local repair shop to explain the problem.The technician informed me that it was more to that than what was stated.

I explained that my tv just squuezed up like the power was going out from a black out or something to that effect.

Furthermore,I then continued to explain that there were some troubleshooting tips that were suggested to me;the technician further commented that the issues that I mentioned were not so, such as the hot or horizontal output transistor shorted, or, IK/jungle ic circuit.Only to no avail.

rrobor
Veteran

Jan 13, 2006, 12:26 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1746 views)
Shortcut

No one can give you certainties as to what it actually is. It could be the transformer, It could be a shorted tube or a shorted vertical chip. I fixed one an hour ago with a 10C capacitor short across the output transistor. so take your pick as to who you believe, one thing though, we dont bill you, he will.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)