Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
sony kv32ds65u(ge1a chassis)tripping

ernie
User

Oct 19, 2006, 1:53 AM

Post #1 of 10 (945 views)
Shortcut
sony kv32ds65u(ge1a chassis)tripping Can't Post

the tv comes on then keeps tripping till eventually it goes into standby and starts blinking error code 3 anyone have any ideas as to what to check for would be gratefull

mel
Veteran

Oct 19, 2006, 9:13 PM

Post #2 of 10 (936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ernie] sony kv32ds65u(ge1a chassis)tripping [In reply to] Can't Post

Three blinks indicates a B+ Over Voltage Protection. The problem is in the power supply.

ernie
User

Oct 19, 2006, 11:26 PM

Post #3 of 10 (935 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] sony kv32ds65u(ge1a chassis)tripping [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the info mel i found a fet transister and smd diode on the d1 board blown and a diode near the lopt had burnt through the circuit and gone.sorted all that out but tv still had the same fault checking the power supply now but as yet not found anything gone but now you have pointed out the power supply i will double check and let you know how i get on.

ernie
User

Oct 20, 2006, 6:51 PM

Post #4 of 10 (927 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mel] sony kv32ds65u(ge1a chassis)tripping [In reply to] Can't Post

mel i checked the power supply out but cant find any problems.you sound as if you know about sonys so i wondered if you think the two ics on the power supply might be gone(that is mx0542&mx0841)as i had a couple of moderner sonys before that had faults on the d1 baord and they only had the one ic on the power supply but it had gone but then again they didnt blink just went into standby also the fused resister etc leading of them had blown whereas nothing around these ones have gone.what would you suggest i look at gratefull for any info

techchris
Veteran

Oct 20, 2006, 9:04 PM

Post #5 of 10 (923 views)
Shortcut

disconnect the horizontal o/p and see if +B comes up then. you may have a short circuit.also the opto coupler on the feedback loop to the power supply may be faulty

ernie
User

Oct 20, 2006, 9:30 PM

Post #6 of 10 (922 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] sony kv32ds65u(ge1a chassis)tripping [In reply to] Can't Post

hello chris just a quick question by disconect the horizontel o/p do you mean to take the line output transister out

techchris
Veteran

Oct 20, 2006, 9:58 PM

Post #7 of 10 (919 views)
Shortcut

yes, then measure the voltage on the point where the collector pin was soldered.

ernie
User

Oct 21, 2006, 11:51 AM

Post #8 of 10 (914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] sony kv32ds65u(ge1a chassis)tripping [In reply to] Can't Post

i took the transister out and the voltage read 115v then it started to blink 4 times but i suppose that was because the transister was out anyway i changed the opto put it all back together and back to blinking 3 times any ideas where to go next would be appreciated

ernie
User

Oct 22, 2006, 10:19 PM

Post #9 of 10 (902 views)
Shortcut

chris is 115v about right for there as i dont know also if it is would the fault still be on the power supply if so would it be a cap or diode or what gratefull for any advice

techchris
Veteran

Oct 23, 2006, 9:59 AM

Post #10 of 10 (892 views)
Shortcut

115 sounds about right so assume the power supply is working and you have a short circuit on that line dragging the voltage down if its not there when you reconnect the transistor. if no volts suspect flyback tx or transistor .

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)