Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
sony shutting down

TV troubles
New User

Jun 21, 2013, 3:02 AM

Post #1 of 6 (1014 views)
Shortcut
sony shutting down Can't Post

I have a sony KDL-52s5100 TV. I accidentally plugged my camera usb into the service port to show pictures on TV now whenever I turn on the TV I get the Bravia logo then a flash of the letters PC in top left corner then unit powers off. How do I rest TV to avoid this issue? I've tried to disconnect power and tried to change input as soon as TV came on but no progress PLEASE help

jts1957
Veteran

Jun 21, 2013, 3:27 AM

Post #2 of 6 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TV troubles] sony shutting down [In reply to] Can't Post

IF the Service USB Port is clearly labeled and the 'intent' was to show pictures, how could it be an accident? More a case of 'if the connector fits...let's try it.'

Plug an active PC into the PC connection and then try to change input.

-------------------------

TV troubles
New User

Jun 21, 2013, 11:34 AM

Post #3 of 6 (1000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] sony shutting down [In reply to] Can't Post

Dear Normans' Electronics the forum guidelines are to be respectable, pointing out the obvious makes you the expert right? Pointing out how stupid my mistake/ACCIDENT was is not what the forum is for! I guess it makes you feel superior since you are such a smart ass.-- The input is behind the TV and I didn't realize at the time it was for service-- very hard to read when it's mounted on wall! The TV has many input options.
It sounds like you are guessing. but, more respectful replies have yet to get posted so I'll give it a try.
Try not to be an ass and your business will flourish.

TV troubles
New User

Jun 21, 2013, 11:53 AM

Post #4 of 6 (999 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jts1957] sony shutting down [In reply to] Can't Post

Norman the Electronics PROFESSIONAL, that didn't work you want to GUESS again?

board repairs
User

Jun 21, 2013, 2:48 PM

Post #5 of 6 (994 views)
Shortcut
Re: [TV troubles] sony shutting down [In reply to] Can't Post

The only reset i think will work for this tv is : turn the TV on then press & hold the UP button on the remote , while holding the up button press & hold the power button on the TV set . Make sure the remote is always pointing at the pickup sensor on the TV during this process . The tv should turn off then turn back on & then release the up button & power button to restore tv to factory settings . Hopefully your tv will stay on long enough to do this . If not your digital main board may need to be replaced . Sometimes that USB connector is fuse protected on the board & may have blown . Hope the reset helps .

TV troubles
New User

Jun 21, 2013, 10:12 PM

Post #6 of 6 (977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [board repairs] sony shutting down [In reply to] Can't Post

YES!!! Board repairs that did the trick I'm baaack! Thank you for your help

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.13 s on (CGI/1.1)