vahidpsr
New User

May 28, 2007, 7:43 AM

Post #1 of 5 (968 views)
Shortcut
sony trinitron problem Can't Post

hi
i have a sony kv-xj29m81
when i turn the tv on, for 2 minutes the picture is good but after this time , the picture goes to a deep darkness & after 40 seconds it backs to normal brightness. however in the darkness time(40 seconds) i can adjust the brightness to highest level (100) to compensate darkness. but when picture backs to normal mode (after 40 seconds) i have to adjust brightness to normal position (50) .
which component is broken down?

shadetree
Veteran

May 28, 2007, 9:11 PM

Post #2 of 5 (949 views)
Shortcut
Re: [vahidpsr] sony trinitron problem [In reply to] Can't Post

bad picture tube try turning screen control on picture tube module a little clockwise might help

rrobor
Veteran

May 28, 2007, 11:57 PM

Post #3 of 5 (944 views)
Shortcut

No dont think that will help, usual fault is a short in the tube, often running the heaters from a 6.3V isolating transformer will cure it as its cathode heater short. This though seems to be a grid leak so check for that

vahidpsr
New User

May 29, 2007, 7:22 AM

Post #4 of 5 (936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] sony trinitron problem [In reply to] Can't Post

i don't understand
please "simply" explain what is the problem & how can i remedy it.

rrobor
Veteran

May 29, 2007, 10:18 AM

Post #5 of 5 (930 views)
Shortcut

We both suspect its your picture tube, now this is a fault that can only be compensated for as you can not replace the tube. Sony I believe stopped production of cathode ray tubes about 1 year ago so any you find are old run out stock. To replace a tube anyway is usually more than the cost of a new set. What you would need to do is measure voltages on that tube when OK and under fault conditions then do the same with the base panel off the tube pins. This would confirm or not, what we suspect. If this is beyond you, so is the fix which may or may not work.

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)