Crumbtrail TV Forums: TV Equipment: TV Repair Forum:
toshiba 50 h71

dandaman
New User

Aug 5, 2006, 12:14 AM

Post #1 of 7 (2565 views)
Shortcut
toshiba 50 h71 Can't Post

I have read alot about toshiba and other models having a problem not turning on and the red light flickering on the front of the t.v.. my t.v did the same (toshiba 50h71)-I would turn it on it would make a few clicking noises like it would turn on then off again, the repair man came out today and the problem was three little pico fuses they where called, 10 dollars in parts and 300 dollars later the problem was fixed....I have one question he alligned up my convergence a different way then I do my otion is to bring the blue red and match it to the white lines in 9 spots, he had some setting he used the front of my t.v and the remote but he was able to allign about 200 lines but he said he couldn't tell me how he got to that as only tech guys no how please help me and let me know if anyone has an idea about this model

thanks dan

rrobor
Veteran

Aug 5, 2006, 6:01 AM

Post #2 of 7 (2558 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dandaman] toshiba 50 h71 [In reply to] Can't Post

he would be into the factory setup mode, unless you have the service manual and know all about tvs, you dont want to get into that as its very easy to make a mess and completely stuff the tv.

dandaman
New User

Aug 6, 2006, 11:10 PM

Post #3 of 7 (2547 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rrobor] toshiba 50 h71 [In reply to] Can't Post

all I need to know is how to get into the factory mode, all the rest I already know..
thanks dan

dandaman
New User

Aug 20, 2006, 3:29 PM

Post #4 of 7 (2525 views)
Shortcut

i thought someone would know ?

techchris
Veteran

Aug 20, 2006, 5:25 PM

Post #5 of 7 (2522 views)
Shortcut

the usual way is press mute on the remote then hold down mute and press menu on the front of the tv at the same time.

Garcia
New User

Sep 16, 2006, 7:11 PM

Post #6 of 7 (2469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [techchris] toshiba 50 h71 [In reply to] Can't Post

To go to the hidden/service convergence grid use the guidelines in the following link.

http://www.bus.ucf.edu/cwhite/theater/ResetConvergence.htm

I had to change the two convergence IC's (p/n STK392-110) for my Toshiba 55A60 via electronixonline two years ago. The last step was resetting the convergence using the steps that the guy in the link describes.

Yep, it envolves holding the mute of the control whil pressing the menu button on the TV's front panel. Release both buttons and an "S" appears. Press menu on the TV again, then you're in service mode. The link is for a Toshiba X81, but worked for my e. I think they're froffessors from UCF or something. (by Jean Weitzmann and Doug Hynes)

I downloaded my service manual later on from

http://www.audiolabga.com/pdf/50A60_SM.pdf#search=%22toshiba%2050A60%20pdf%20service%20manual%22

and I found the official instructions for doing this as well.

Now I'm looking for tips on the power issue that you described. Hopefully the pico fuses lead me somewhere. Let me know if you can get the p/n of those "pico fuses". I changed the Flyback transformer without any luck ($16 + 3 hrs).

Good luck. Rick Garcia

Larry E
User

Sep 17, 2006, 12:50 AM

Post #7 of 7 (2463 views)
Shortcut

take rrobor`s advice and stay out of the factory service menu or your going to cause yourself big problems, theres nothing in there you need to adjust if the tech has already aligned your set. You have stated you know what to do you just don`t know how to get into the menu< that statement tells me you don`t know what your doing, I`m not trying to insult you, I`m trying to save you headaches, stay out of the factory service menu, Larry E

Search for (options) - Page loaded in: 0.12 s on (CGI/1.1)